United (H) - Sun 2nd Oct, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
who's the **** they have at CB the short one who's really aggressive and violent but falls under the protected "letting them know he's there" territory of defender?

Whoever he is reckon he'll try to leave a mark on Haaland early doors and injure him

They're always up for it vs us these days like it's their cup final.

It is their cup final! Or the closest they've gotten to one in 5 years.

Worth remembering that if they do somehow cause an upset. We're going to finish above them for the 10th season in a row this season.

They might occasionally win a battle, but we won the war years ago.

Still pretty confident we'll win though, Haaland hattrick. 4-1.

Never expected to win a Derby yet guards against dissapointment. When we win feels soooo good

They've not kicked a proper ball in anger for about a month, no?

They might be fresher but they might also be short of proper match competitiveness.

I don't see them risking Rashford even if fit again from the start.

We will actually have a bit of pace about us at the back if both Walker and Akanji play.

Derby day is always the same, media hype, shit talking in the press, they (SCUM) are still the biggest club in the world
Haaland has to stamp is class all over the game and score one for his dad,

I have a feeling this could be a high tempo game and tackles flying in and card being waved, united will want to show they can fight and play with the best and city will take the piss in keeping the ball

United will probably start without a forward. Sancho , Tony, fernandes, and Erikson providing the threat. Two defensive midfielders protecting a back four.
Hardly the greatest counter attacking outfit.
Just a normal home game with City trying to break down a back six on the edge of the 18 yd line.

I think this’ll be a harder game than many anticipate, with United in decent form and coming straight after an international break.

Akanji has to start in Stones’ absence, rest of the team largely picks itself. Only question mark, I think, is whether Gundogan gets the nod in midfield with Bernardo on the right, or he plays Bernardo centrally with Grealish out wide. I’d probably go for the latter, but is a close call.

Ederson
Walker
Akanji
Dias
Cancelo
Rodri
Bernardo
De Bruyne
Grealish
Foden
Haaland
Grealish had a great game against the Rags last season and hopefully the Wolves game will have given him a bit confidence after a stop/start season so far. Hopefully Pep will select Bernardo centrally to assist Rodders as a Gundo/Rodri partnership leaves us a bit vulnerable to the Rags counter.

No way Pep will not play Rodri he is vital to our side.

Ederson
Walker Dias Akanji Cancelo
Rodders Bernardo Kdb
Alvarez Haaland Foden
Agreed. Wouldn’t mind us going 3 at the back at times now as we don’t have out and out wingers, some useful potential wing backs and it would allow us to get 2 upfront at times or get our 4 strongest midfielders in. However, i don’t think this is the game for it. Play Walker as a fucking defender not half back and with Akanji we’ve got pace at the back for their inevitable counters. I think that will be the team apart from i expect Grealish to start over Alvarez. Only other possible change might be Bernado on the right and Gundo in although personally i’d prefer Bernado in the middle.

Agreed. Wouldn’t mind us going 3 at the back at times now as we don’t have out and out wingers, some useful potential wing backs and it would allow us to get 2 upfront at times or get our 4 strongest midfielders in. However, i don’t think this is the game for it. Play Walker as a fucking defender not half back and with Akanji we’ve got pace at the back for their inevitable counters. I think that will be the team apart from i expect Grealish to start over Alvarez. Only other possible change might be Bernado on the right and Gundo in although personally i’d prefer Bernado in the middle.

Who do you think are their main dangers on the " inevitable counters" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.