United (H) - Sun 2nd Oct, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rashford being the chief threat. Plus probably Sancho and Anthony

He will start fernandes and Erikson, if those 3 you have said start they will be very open. I cannot see him not playing 2 DMs and trying to keep it tight, so I doubt Rashford will start. Diminishing the counter threat, I don't think Tony or Sancho are particularly great at that.

The whole City are open to counter attack stuff is a little overblown in my opinion, we have looked more open at set pieces.

Wonder if the fake one will turn up or come up with another reason to miss the game?

He's still I believe with 2 the most sent off non-City player at our 'new' pad.

He will start fernandes and Erikson, if those 3 you have said start they will be very open. I cannot see him not playing 2 DMs and trying to keep it tight, so I doubt Rashford will start. Diminishing the counter threat, I don't think Tony or Sancho are particularly great at that.

The whole City are open to counter attack stuff is a little overblown in my opinion, we have looked more open at set pieces.
Be amazed if he doesn’t start Rashford but we’ll see. I’m not saying we’re wide open to the counter but it’s their best chance and in Eriksen and Fernandes they have 2 players with the quality to pick out a good pass if its on. If they sit back without pace to counter then they’re asking for the inevitable tanking. Sancho and Anthony aren’t rapid but both fairly quick. Sancho scored a good goal against us on the break last year. Akanji should be a big help to us against it anyway.

Be amazed if he doesn’t start Rashford but we’ll see. I’m not saying we’re wide open to the counter but it’s their best chance and in Eriksen and Fernandes they have 2 players with the quality to pick out a good pass if its on. If they sit back without pace to counter then they’re asking for the inevitable tanking. Sancho and Anthony aren’t rapid but both fairly quick. Sancho scored a good goal against us on the break last year. Akanji should be a big help to us against it anyway.

But you do see how starting with Sancho Rash Erikson Fernandes and Antiny will mean they are defensively wide open and any team I have seen play with the type of line up you suggest usually get thumped.

But you do see how starting with Sancho Rash Erikson Fernandes and Antiny will mean they are defensively wide open and any team I have seen play with the type of line up you suggest usually get thumped.
Yes and maybe someone else will come in but i don’t think it will be at the expense of Rashford. Those 2 in midfield were quite disciplined against Arsenal. From their point of view the new manager wants them to play free flowing football from the back but quickly learned that’s not really an option at the moment. They played another good footballing team in Arsenal and got outplayed but stayed in the game and countered very well. Can’t see him changing much from that win.

Don’t get me wrong i’m confident and very much looking forward to the game!

Yes and maybe someone else will come in but i don’t think it will be at the expense of Rashford. Those 2 in midfield were quite disciplined against Arsenal. From their point of view the new manager wants them to play free flowing football from the back but quickly learned that’s not really an option at the moment. They played another good footballing team in Arsenal and got outplayed but stayed in the game and countered very well. Can’t see him changing much from that win.

Don’t get me wrong i’m confident and very much looking forward to the game!

One thing is certain. They will not play out from De Gea , every ball will go long. As they did v Arsenal and Liverpool.

Hate these twats. Also hate when our fanbase gets overly confident which it seems some are. This shower will give us a proper kick and rush long ball game of footy. Stand strong and grind them down City. Pass them to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.