United (H) - Sun 6th March, 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If fit Dias surely to bully his international oap buddy. Cancelo and Bernardo on the left with Foden should be an absolute must. Kdb to sit with Rodri and just empty his tank from the start. Same as when he was deep with Silva a few years back.
Jesus or Sterling in the nine I’m picking Jesus. Himself Foden and Bernardo are our three best pressers in a game of this magnitude. Raheem is still lazy when it comes to pressing.

Eddy

Walker
Stones
Dias
Joao

Rodri
Kdb
Bernie

Mahrez
Jesus
PW Foden

United's full backs both prefer players who run directly against them, making it just a physical foot race.

Liverpool's are the same in that respect.

City need to minimise the breakdown and have wide men who can keep close control and get inside the box with trickery.

For me, Sterling doesn't play, Grealish and Mahrez are the wide two, Foden into the middle with Bernie and Rodri.

The only decision being the false nine, as the press doesn't need to be crazy. United's central two can't play out from the back and usually go long into the spaces in behind.

Toss up between Kev and Gundo in the false nine, and I would again go for Gundo for his scoring ability late in the box and keeping the ball better.

United's full backs both prefer players who run directly against them, making it just a physical foot race.

Liverpool's are the same in that respect.

City need to minimise the breakdown and have wide men who can keep close control and get inside the box with trickery.

For me, Sterling doesn't play, Grealish and Mahrez are the wide two, Foden into the middle with Bernie and Rodri.

The only decision being the false nine, as the press doesn't need to be crazy. United's central two can't play out from the back and usually go long into the spaces in behind.

Toss up between Kev and Gundo in the false nine, and I would again go for Gundo for his scoring ability late in the box and keeping the ball better.

Agree about Sterling because he didn’t play midweek he will play Sunday hopefully on the right.

Agree about Sterling because he didn’t play midweek he will play Sunday hopefully on the right.

Personally, I don't think he should be ahead of Mahrez on the right and think he would be better used coming off the bench against tired legs or we are chasing it.

United's best chance is for us to make it a basketball game and players with pace or are brittle in possession, make turnover of the ball much more likely.

Our movement off the ball wins us the game, dragging their players out of position.

Ranking my favorite sports days of the year are:
NCAA Wrestling Tournament, BiG Wrestling Tournament and Manchester Derby are all tied for first. This Sunday the Derby starts at 11:30AM our time and the B1G Wrestling Tournament's consolations start at 10:00AM. Penn State (my team) has either a 1 or 2 seed at 6 of the 10 weights and a 3 at another which gives them a great shot at 7 guys in the finals with an outside shot w/ their 157 pounder pulling an upset by beating a guy he's already beat which would make it 8. If that happens they'll only have 2 in the consolations so I won't have much to watch so the iPad can sit on the coffee table and my attention can be shared for a few minutes.

Hopefully City pull out quick so I can start drinking and just enjoy everything heading into the Championship matches at 4:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.