United (H) - Sun 6th March, 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
early goals for us in these tight games are always a double plus. obvs, we go a goal in the lead, but what it does is forces the opposition to change their gameplan, or at least rethink their tactics.
we lost an early goal against spurs, and that lost us the game. they gained belief and could keep their gameplan in situ until it was threatened. still a bit pissed off how easy it was for spurs to up their game whenever they needed to against us, but that is a moan for another thread.
we absolutely need the 'shock and awe' start to this game that can blow any lingering belief out of a visiting team.
I thought we would beat spurs convincingly, utd are in the same ability band as spurs, so this game is not a given, no matter how many points separate us.

heart says 4-0 to City, head says a narrow 2-1 win. just dont concede early doors!!!

Bernardo needs to be in the middle (and we need to find some youth/pace for in there in summer).

Whoever's up front needs to be remember they're not supposed to be up front - Foden standing next to a centre half all the time just means we have a poor centre forward. Need the movement up top and dropping off to leave them with no one to mark and then exploiting the gaps.

Stones needs to play, not bothered which of the other two it's with. Dias and Laporte just never looks right as a pairing despite them individually being the best two.

And Walker needs to remember he's there for the cover at the back and not go wandering into midfield like he did at home a few seasons ago.

Just got a horrible feeling of another Spurs where we have 99% of the ball and every time they get out of their penalty area they score.

expect the Sky Rag /Dipper tag team to be out in full force on Sunday , Chuckle brother commentating ably assisted by Scouse Spit with Souness , Redknapp and Keane in the studio to give a balanced view, and if we smash them the commercial breaks will be at least 5 minutes longer and any post match comments will be about the previous days magnificent Dipper victory versus the Hammers.
The mute button is a god send.
Would rather see a five minute intermission of a pot of boiling piss than listen to the excuses which will be rolled out for the Rags

League Cup semi at toilet couple years back?

My thinking is about the balance of the team, rather than any one individual.

If Sterling plays, same with Kev, it also exposes the risk of easier ball turnover, the whole risk reward thing...

United want a game of counters, something they are actually very good at.
That's exactly the tactical situation here IMO. We are exposed as a team when we give the ball away. United are like Spurs -a fast breaking team, and it's why we lose games to those teams. KDB in particular has been guilty of giving the ball away repeatedly in recent weeks/months. It used to be a part of his game you tolerated because the rewards were goals - he took risk which paid off and lost the ball sometimes in the process. Pep won't do it but on this occasion I'd drop him. Sterling, less so. When he loses possession it's in less dangerous areas. Both of them are trying to play their way into form but this might not be the game for it.

Pep's going to play them both I'm sure, though,judging by Tuesday's team. The wildcard is Glrealish. I've a feeling Pep might want to include him after his midweek performance. That might see Sterling on the bench.

First goal is vital for this match ,if we score it will make the Rags come out and attempt to play and we will batter them , but if they get the first goal they wil put ten behind the ball and try and score on the break , keep Jesus away from our penaly area for the fist 60 seconds and we should be fine :)

First goal is vital for this match ,if we score it will make the Rags come out and attempt to play and we will batter them , but if they get the first goal they wil put ten behind the ball and try and score on the break , keep Jesus away from our penaly area for the fist 60 seconds and we should be fine :)

We can’t be doing what we have done in the last few home derbies at the Etihad which is allowing United to start quick. Did us both with penalties and rash challenges, so need some composure and to keep the ball and not allow them to counter. Big game for Walker this and also Cancelo being disciplined to avoid anyone getting in behind him.

I'm hoping to see this, but suspect kDB will be in the middle and Laporte and Sterling will be starting.

Ederson
Walker Stones Dias Cancelo
Rodri
Gundo Bernardo
Mahrez KDB Foden

rag at work says the only way they beat us is by dropping Ronaldo and having Fernandes playing the false 9 'Kane role' with runners beyond him (Sancho? Rashford? Elanga?). Basically trying to do what Spurs did. I just don't think they're good enough to do that - Kane and Son are a different level to anything they have up front.

I've been a bit wary of their attack in recent years... Martial has been decent against us, Rashford at times, but they now have no-one who worries me at all. Sancho doesn't have the physicality to worry Walker. Honestly confident of a 3-0 / 4-0 home win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.