United (H) - Sun 6th March, 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a long time i've thought City needed to use the potential of the squad to"counter-attack" much more. Meet the bus with our own. Game after game is attack versus defence, very often we prevail, now and again we dont. If we play a bit deeper, it helps to drag the "eleven in the box" forward, creating more space. That is why JG's goal gave me so much satisfaction. Phil's pass was what KdB used to provide regularly, not so often these days. No drastic action needed, possession still crucial, always will be under Pep, just a use of the "mortar bomb" (as opposed to the aimless lump forward) type assists that Eddie and Phil can provide. Pinpoint accuracy, instant control of the ball, more space, and confusion for the opposition, who fully expect wave after wave of City attacks, plus we have more bods to cover their counter-attack
Piece'a'piss this tactics lark....
Cannot seeing Pep ever playing a counter-attacking team ?
All tactics take a very long time to make perfect. If City defend deep, any mispass or interception is far more dangerous
Phil's superb ball to Grealish came because Peterborough (who I thought were excellent for 60 minutes) switched-off for a moment.
Apart from Leeds (though they may change now Bielsa has left), very few teams will not park the bus against City, even when they are at home.
The Newton Heath Heathens will defend deep, pack the defence and will break quickly. They will kick, hold and block any City player that is 25 yards plus, from goal.
I hope that Michael Oliver books the blighters, early on, but it will probably be 70 minutes before Fred or McTominay are carded...

Cannot seeing Pep ever playing a counter-attacking team ?
All tactics take a very long time to make perfect. If City defend deep, any mispass or interception is far more dangerous
Phil's superb ball to Grealish came because Peterborough (who I thought were excellent for 60 minutes) switched-off for a moment.
Apart from Leeds (though they may change now Bielsa has left), very few teams will not park the bus against City, even when they are at home.
The Newton Heath Heathens will defend deep, pack the defence and will break quickly. They will kick, hold and block any City player that is 25 yards plus, from goal.
I hope that Michael Oliver books the blighters, early on, but it will probably be 70 minutes before Fred or McTominay are carded...

I predict 89th minute for their 1st booking(s)

Stones and Dias will be fine.
However Pep has just confirmed Dias will be out for 4-6 weeks :)))))))))

We can’t be doing what we have done in the last few home derbies at the Etihad which is allowing United to start quick. Did us both with penalties and rash challenges, so need some composure and to keep the ball and not allow them to counter. Big game for Walker this and also Cancelo being disciplined to avoid anyone getting in behind him.
100% agree , i dont think we have taken them seriously in recent seasons at the Etihad , their band of mercenaries have been up for derby games at our place , maybe Foden needs to have a word and tell the players how much this means to our support , quite sure Pep will be digging them out and stressing how vital the points are and local pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.