United (N) | FA Cup Final | Post-Match Thread

FxuOwQdWcAAPMkN

I enjoyed that. I didn't think I would and I was so nervous to start with - but Gundo calmed those nerves after 12 seconds and after that I knew it would be fine. OK we didn't quite dominate as we can - and it would have been lovely to turn the early start into a couple of goals before VAR intervened and at the end could have done without the goal mouth scramble - but really I have so much confidence in this team that I always knew we would see it through - or step up another gear if we had to go and win it again.

I think it was the recent final I have enjoyed the most. Stoke was a novel experience but a nothing match and other than the goal and Yaya celebrating in front of us - I can remember little about it. Wigan was horrible - not so much the result, I can take that - but there was a nasty atmosphere amongst blues that spoilt the whole day. Watford was so easy that it actually gets forgotten. But yesterday was a proper match, the atmosphere was buzzing and joyful. There were a few doubters around - I had two moaners behind who worried their way through the game and someone beside who said he just couldn't enjoy Derby's (and I understand that) but for me it was just an incredible, lovely day out.

Looking back it was a fabulous day out but I was so nervous I didn’t particularly enjoy the match until the final whistle probably because it was against the rags, we never had a comfortable lead and I absolutely dreaded us not beating them yesterday. But we won the cup and against that lot from Stretford. Dreams are made of this…

Thanks to Uxbridge CC. Great pre match hospitality once again

Jenus thought so, he briefly mentioned it but was probably told to shut up.

I'm not a Jenas fan, but have to give him credit for calling out every single dodgy decision that went united's way yesterday. A lot of people watching will have ignored it, but it might have just made a few people think, why it is that they always get a helping hand (excuse the pun) from officials.

Despite making hard work of it wasting good chances for a 3rd, according to xG we were clearly 2nd best.

We keep losing on xG whilst dominating, and despite being a completely arbitrary measure some people take it a gospel.
I keep saying it; XG is a load of bollocks!

Love one of the papers headline today “looking for treble”
must be something one had the more creative lads can come up with for a song for instabul?
If you're looking for treble
You came to the right place
If you're looking for treble
Just look right in peps face…..

That's the first and most important issue of the season - undisputed Kings of Greater Manchester!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.