United (N) | FA Cup Final | Post-Match Thread

The question is a natural position of the hands depends on the situation if a ball is coming at your face with pace the Nature thing is to raise your hands to protect your face and like jack said his arms where there to gain height as he jumps and is airborne so for balance as well the ball didn’t come from a cross it came from a miss placed header from a yard away that scrapped his hand . The ref had a good view of it in normal time and didn’t think it was anything and played on
So no need for VAR to get involved as the hand ball wasn’t deliberate so wasn’t an obvious mistake by the referee
CORRUPT to the core
Also, it wasn’t a "clear and obvious error", at least, not in my opinion.

Heard reports of people wearing half & half scarfs in the City end yesterday. In a derby?? Unthinkable, this. Did they get told to take the bloody things off, or even take themselves off?

How so? It's hard to keep up, but they had the "If it hits the arm regardless of position, it's a penalty". We got caught with this in the CL against Otamendi if memory serves me right.

They changed it again to be about whether the handball was "intentional" or not, which was open to massive interpretation.

This season it's now if the arm is in an unnatural position. Jack's arm was sticking out, but how the hell are you supposed to gain leverage to jump otherwise?

The question I always ask & want an answer in one sentence is: "What would you suggest as the fairest way to interpret a handball?"

Every time I ask this, I get different opinions as a reply. Herein lies the problem... \0/
You've answered your own question.

Jack's arm was in an entirely natural position for someone attempting to jump as high as possible at an angle on the turn, it would be bizarrely unnatural if his arms somehow remained stuck to his side whilst he attempted it.

And yet the ref and VAR somehow interpreted his arm to be in an unnatural position.

We’ll be like a finely tuned racehorse next week, we’re going to smash them, I have no doubt, yesterday was a training exercise.
The only problem with yesterday is that the opposition wasn't what you want before a big match. An actual good team would have helped them prepare better.

Did we win because of the coin toss? Big thing in cricket but not usually decisive in football. Not sure what happens now about what end and who kicks off but I presume that we got to choose to kick off. If they choose the end and gave us kick off then thanks very much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.