United (N) | FA Cup Final | Post-Match Thread

tumblr_m40dt7ZR6n1rw559co1_500.jpg
oh yes is that from today? i cant stand that chippy nobhead

The penalty decision was shit in the moment but I have to say it really made winning feel much sweeter than if we’d just cruised through a 1-0 win.

The idea of being the better team in every sense and still possibly losing because if referees was sickening but I celebrated the second goal even more than the first.

My dad got me into city in 1994 when I was about 12, I'm from Ireland so EVERYONE supported the rags or the dippers. No internet so you couldnt get a city top. Almost went to one of those dark sides purely because you never got to see city. I didn't. I spent my teens and 20's as "the city fan" in our town.

First live game, Tranmere away 0-0 and I got to meet kinkladze on the pitch - I thought this was magic!

My old man's last game was the Lyon debacle in 2020 and he told me that night as we watched it in the hospital, I was furious - "that team owe us nothing son"

I wish that man could see what we've become, and I could share it with him.

Sorry blues, I'm a bit emotional - it may be the heat, the beer or the match but I just fucking love it. LOVE IT!
My dad took me to my 1st game in 75 against the rags in league cup , against a family full.of rags he told.me to stick with us thro the bad times sadly he passed away the year we won the title in 12 if only he could see us now , I'm proud and thankful he made.me a blue , raise a.glass to your dad I'm.sure he's looking down.as.mine.is

Amazing time to be a blue. 15 yr old me would tell you to get help if you told him wed be one game away from the treble after beating the rags in the cup final
10 year old me surrounded by red family and being the only one enjoying Kinkladze weaving his magic and not wishing for much.

I would’ve laughed back then if someone said we’d be challenging for a treble and such.

CTID

That's not a handball according to the law you fucking BBC wankers.

The way the second part is written, a lawyer could argue it. Gives room to intepret 'a consequence of his movement'.

But it is totally stupid, and not at all in the spirit of the rule, to give that as a handball.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.