United or Chelsea wouldn't have got out this group either..

BlueSinclair said:
Impossible to predict. But when was the last time a English side didn't go through to the knock out stages? Almost never, and when it did, it was a big fiasco. I'm sorry, but thats a fact :\

Napoli did great(but city played a big part in that), but 7th place in the seria a speaks for it self, city should not lose against such a team even though they are good.

And when was the last time an English club was in the same group as Napoli and fucking Bayern Munich. Give over.

marco said:
TTS said:
Absolutely believe this. Napoli were fucking amazing tonight, as they were at the Etihad. I don't believe we've been playing THAT much worse in Europe than in the PL - but in this group, the standard of the opposition is frighteningly good, and it's showed.

they played one game to rob the ball and break, nothing amaizing in that we got punished by an average side

Complete nonsense. No side that has Lavezzi Cavani and Hamsik as a front three is 'average'. They're 7th in Serie A, but it's surely clear that their players and their system are PERFECT for playing in the CL against good teams. 'Rob the ball and break' is a pretty decent tactic for any team with pace, and I haven't seen anyone do it as well as Napoli since Real Madrid last season, and Inter the season before that.

TTS said:
marco said:
TTS said:
Absolutely believe this. Napoli were fucking amazing tonight, as they were at the Etihad. I don't believe we've been playing THAT much worse in Europe than in the PL - but in this group, the standard of the opposition is frighteningly good, and it's showed.

they played one game to rob the ball and break, nothing amaizing in that we got punished by an average side

Complete nonsense. No side that has Lavezzi Cavani and Hamsik as a front three is 'average'. They're 7th in Serie A, but it's surely clear that their players and their system are PERFECT for playing in the CL against good teams. 'Rob the ball and break' is a pretty decent tactic for any team with pace, and I haven't seen anyone do it as well as Napoli since Real Madrid last season, and Inter the season before that.
yes a team attacking with pace so lets play our slowest fullbacks.

Barcelona are going to win the CL, we are not there yet. So doesnt really bother me too much.

I must admit, I thought the Napoli games, particularly the home one, would be the most winnable. Obviously I know fuck all about European football. They might not exactly have a team of superstars, but fuck me they know how to play in the Champs league, and haven't we found that out the hard way.

You have to credit them, given the fact they are CL novices like ourselves, but we were the only ones that looked like it.

TTS said:

I agree with you Napoli for me have been the best side we've played this season home and away saying that we could of nicked a draw at the end

jayblue said:
TTS said:
marco said:

That's one way of looking at it.

Alternatively, you could say yes a great counter attacking team, let's play our most attacking fullbacks.

Not saying Mancini got it right today, but it's hardly as clear cut as you're suggesting.

Ric said:
jayblue said:
TTS said:

Alternatively, you could say yes a great counter attacking team, let's play our most attacking fullbacks.

Not saying Mancini got it right today, but it's hardly as clear cut as you're suggesting.
are you following me ric ? haha

jayblue said:
Ric said:
jayblue said:

are you following me ric ? haha

Haha, no sorry. I just don't agree with what you're saying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.