United or Chelsea wouldn't have got out this group either..

Ric said:
jayblue said:
Ric said:
That's one way of looking at it.

Alternatively, you could say yes a great counter attacking team, let's play our most attacking fullbacks.

Not saying Mancini got it right today, but it's hardly as clear cut as you're suggesting.
are you following me ric ? haha

Haha, no sorry. I just don't agree with what you're saying.
well let me put it in a nutshell. the only width we have to our side is by utilising our fullbacks when we attack. our most effective fullbacks were not on the pitch tonight hence we were not as effective at going forward and when napoli attacked us with pace then our 2 slowest fullbacks couldnt get back to defend. napolis first goal came from a corner where kolorov was on the near post and then he drifted away as the corner was taken and the ball went in the near post. i know other players didnt play well . ie dejong and dzecko included but i feel we would have been a more attacking unit with more pace and quality down the flanks ie clichy and micah. goodnight ric xx

OP is having a laugh Utd and Chelsea would have qualified. Heck even Spurs would've. Were just not ready for Champs league. Mancini will have learnt from his mistakes about the full backs and we'll be better next year.

citymad said:
OP is having a laugh Utd and Chelsea would have qualified. Heck even Spurs would've. Were just not ready for Champs league. Mancini will have learnt from his mistakes about the full backs and we'll be better next year.
We're not out yet.

It sounds ridiculous but we have cleary played out better eleven in the Prem

IF we do end up in the Europa i sincerley hope our line up will look something like this.

Pantilliomon
Zaba Rekik Savic Kolarov
Hargreaves Suarez De Jong
Johnson Dzeko Nimely

The competition could kill our title challenge, no co-efficient points are worth that.

The way Napoli break and play reminds me of Inter 09/10 in the Champions League campaign under Mourinho. Possession 40% and under. They are a dark horse for the trophy. Cavani is clinical, one chance, 2 chances and he scores.

Both teams would have qualified. Instead of saying we didn’t perform good enough, you are playing up the opposition saying no English team would have gone out of that group. Napoli is good, but they would not make the top 4 in England, lets not kid ourselves.

gelly said:
The way Napoli break and play reminds me of Inter 09/10 in the Champions League campaign under Mourinho. Possession 40% and under. They are a dark horse for the trophy. Cavani is clinical, one chance, 2 chances and he scores.

Hmm thats actually a damn good comparison, i'll defo have an eye on Napoli after this. I would be well interested to see them vs Barca tbh.

@calcio i see where your coming from but the cl is much more cut throat imo. You can afford a slip up or 2 in the prem over the course of a season. The cl is a different kettle of fish. Just ask Arsenal about that, they were imo unlucky vs Barca 2 years in a row yet who won the ties ?. It's a fucker i know but thats life at the very top i guess.

citymad said:

Er what? United can barely make it out of a group made up of mid range European teams. You honestly think they would beat Napoli and Bayern? They can hardly beat Benfica or Basel ffs.

Pam said:
BlueSinclair said:
Impossible to predict. But when was the last time a English side didn't go through to the knock out stages? Almost never, and when it did, it was a big fiasco. I'm sorry, but thats a fact :\

Napoli did great(but city played a big part in that), but 7th place in the seria a speaks for it self, city should not lose against such a team even though they are good.

And when was the last time an English club was in the same group as Napoli and fucking Bayern Munich. Give over.

Exactly, the top 4 has been broken and the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and the rags would never ever get a group like ours that contained probably the 3rd strongest 1st seed, an average 2nd seed and by far and away the hardest 4th seed.<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:41 am --<br /><br />
Calcio said:
Both teams would have qualified. Instead of saying we didn’t perform good enough, you are playing up the opposition saying no English team would have gone out of that group. Napoli is good, but they would not make the top 4 in England, lets not kid ourselves.

The way they have played us over both legs, they'd easily replace Chelsea imo.

Arsenal has Dortmund who was the best team in Germany last season and even beat bayern at their place few days ago. Olympiakos who are better than Villareal and Marseille who’s a solid team.

I really don’t think napoli is better team than Dortmund, its all about what you make the game of. United played 3-3 against basel. That doesn’t make basel great, just that they perform poor on the night. Great teams can under perform on the night. That’s what happened to City. You cant blame on experience as they have even less experienced team. Just admit that City didn’t perform as well as they could and that’s why they are almost out, instead of bigging up the opposition and make them out to be something they are not

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.