United post-match thread

Possession football counts for shit when you're losing. Them ****s had 2 years of possession under LVG where did they get them. I wouldn't mind if we had the ball and looked dangerous but we don't. We slow play right down, we let them get back and re group then try break down a brick wall. Fucking woeful

well if you aint happy what are you going to do.....?

i will agree with Waddle on one thing not that I do often if ever that the side he put out tonight isn't able to play a high press and open their defence when they make a poor pass as they often did in the first half especially.

Every thing had to go through Navas out wide or Nacho on the other side and that meant few shots on goal. Ist time in four year we had no shot on target which was the most disappointing thing of the evening along with defeat.

Pep still needs a number of new players to play the game he wants effectively week in week out.

I would be concerned if we were playing this way this time next year but I am not expecting much silver ware this season.

Exactly mate. If he's playing like this next season, he may aswell be van gaal. My money is on us being fucking brilliant.

Not happy with PEP he disrespected 9000 blues by devaluing what a derby means. Not just tonight we have been toothless up front for a while now.They were completely ripe for another defeat under Maureen and we let them off the hook Instead of the journos pinpointing there crisis They will quite rightly look at at our depressing stats

agreed 100%... look at jose in his press talks prior to tonight he was down lookin tired and un interested,we have given them hope with putting this team out and you simply dont do that to your rivals

Thought the ref had a shocker, he couldn't wait to book inacho when we could all see he slipped, pogba unpunished for numerous fouls, and the whinging twat Herrera committing fouls which led to the goal, and our penalty claim in the first half with carrick the guilty player.

Fuck me, there are some amazing reactions on here tonight, fully understand that we don't want to lose to these fuckers at any time but it is what it is.

99% of us wanted Pep so buy into what he is doing, fuck, if i can put up with Coppell, Frank Clarke, Pearce and Ball then i am sue I can cope with this.

Revisit this thread in 12 months and see where we are.
Pep, Coppell, Clarke, Pearce, Ball? I can't decide which one is best...

Good post mate, you have hit the nail on the head. I think a lot of these posters weren't born before Alan Ball died - 9 years ago.

Too many people see the end result ... a 1-0 loss.We played their possible strongest team and we had 9 changes from Sunday and rightly so.I was happy to win this trophy last season mainly due to the fact that in all honesty at the time,it was our only hope of picking some silverware up.I`m not too arsed this year and would sooner us go all out for the PL and FA Cup as we have to be realistic and say that we are not right ready for a fight for the CL Final.
However I have no doubt that this will happen under Pep and IMO I feel that he will have at least 5/6 years to reach his goal and not just his current 3 year deal.
Abso-fucking-lutely CTID

Still trying to get my head round the notion that a competitive match against our biggest rivals, which would get us into a cup quarter final, is somehow less important than a routine league match against West Bromwich.

Silva, sterling Aguero? Could of done a lot different. Had we equalised they would of played a decent chunk of football given extra time etc so why not start them. Get in a solid position then sub them?

cause we have a history of overplaying players in games like this and losing them to injury (I'm sure he detail of this want in peps thinking but the basic logic behind it would have been)

KDB last year
Negrado a few years back
Silva at some point as well (cant remember the game)
Kompany

we have to prioritise the games...pep has said as much and he also has to use his squad....yes some of those we know aren't good enough but those same players just more than held their own vs utds first team..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.