United post-match thread

well if you aint happy what are you going to do.....?

Me personally? Not a lot because I'm not being paid thousands to manage the team or play for them. I'd like to think we'd have a plan B though and not constantly play like we are 3-0 up when we are losing. We have gone behind 6 times now and not won once.....

The fact that United played their full strength team tonight, and also against Fenerbache and Chelsea, with very little rotation, and no youngsters blooded by Mourinho, says a great deal more about them then about us. He was under way more pressure to win, and only thought about the here and now. Guardiola saw the bigger picture, and I'm glad he held his nerve and gave Maffeo and Garcia full 90 minutes in a derby at OT, in his supposed "crisis". You can't keep playing a full strength team for every game, eventually it will bite you. Mourinho won't give youngsters an opportunity, Rashford and Mensah, were already made first teamers by Van Gaal, so they don't count, his philosophy is win or nothing, and it showed tonight. We're lucky to have someone like Guardiola managing us, who puts the interests of the team first, not himself like Mourinho, and I 100% believe he will be proven right. We're obviously not the finished article, but we're definitely going in the right direction.

cause we have a history of overplaying players in games like this and losing them to injury (I'm sure he detail of this want in peps thinking but the basic logic behind it would have been)

KDB last year
Negrado a few years back
Silva at some point as well (cant remember the game)
Kompany

we have to prioritise the games...pep has said as much and he also has to use his squad....yes some of those we know aren't good enough but those same players just more than held their own vs utds first team..

Kdb was in a fucking semi, as was negredo I'd hardly say that's overplaying they're big important games. Players get injured tough shit. My point was why have them on the bench, why bring them on? If we scored its another 30 mins extra time on top of what they already played so it contradicts the point in not starting them?

Not been ahead in a game for over a month. Everyone knows how to nullify our attack and we keep getting caught on the break. Rashford should have scored as well. Not seen a replay but should it definitely have been a penalty in the first minute? Looked like it from where I was.

If these players can't play the way Pep wants them to, what's the next move? Get an entire new squad in, wait until they do get it or change tactics?

Pep, Coppell, Clarke, Pearce, Ball? I can't decide which one is best...

Good post mate, you have hit the nail on the head. I think a lot of these posters weren't born before Alan Ball died - 9 years ago.
I resemble that remark.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.