United post-match thread

Last night was anoying in the fact that someone cool on the ball like Siva, KDB, Nasri, Aguero, (i know injuries and playing elsewher prevents some but) for the last pass and we'd have scored a couple first half....all 3 on the pitch up front were guilty of poor play and I'm afraid Sane needs to playing in the EDS for a while. Maffeo and Garcia were quality !!!

I can foresee a situation in the future when clubs are given the opportunity to opt out of this cup and I reckon some will do it.

Our second string was better than them until the Kompany/Kolorov swap.

Happy to sacrifice last night for the greater good, although I'd have rather had Silva on the bench to change the game. Everything is fine and on track.
I think Dave would probably have been on the bench if Kev wasn't injured.

You have a fixation on the rags, what if we draw Tottenham and have a champs League game. What difference does it make if its the rags. It's so obvious that the problem is not an EFL cup exit, its that the exit was at the hands of 'them'.
Ok then the same question but Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea etc, same principle but we just happend to be playing them last night so that was why I asked the question about them, simple enough concept? So no it wasn't who we played at all, don't try to guess what my problem was please as you don't know. It was OUR cup to defend like I have said in other posts.

Honestly, the worriers on here are unbelievable. Firstly there was no way we could field a full strength team last night, just not possible with 2 games a week being played at the moment.

Secondly, Maffeo! our academy RB just schooled Paul Pogba for 90 minutes last night!! and Garcia played with the composure of someone that had been playing senior football for years.

We are top of the league, we are in the champions league, and we are in the FA cup. Theres no need to panic and there is so much to be optimistic about

Honestly, the worriers on here are unbelievable. Firstly there was no way we could field a full strength team last night, just not possible with 2 games a week being played at the moment.

Secondly, Maffeo! our academy RB just schooled Paul Pogba for 90 minutes last night!! and Garcia played with the composure of someone that had been playing senior football for years.

We are top of the league, we are in the champions league, and we are in the FA cup. Theres no need to panic and there is so much to be optimistic about

We've not won in 6 games, we've every right to be concerned.

Agreed, but is it possible that if it is a given that this cup is not a priority within the club, that the hunger you would normally have is not quite there. No excuses here, margins are fine at this level, but if in a players mindsets this is the case, could this affect performance?

It looked that way to be honest, yes.

Anyone saying Guardiola needs to understand what the derby means to the fans, could also say that to half of the team who went out on the pitch last night. That 11 could definitely have beat them if they weren't so many poor performances out there - could understand it if it was the kids who were overawed, but apart from Kelechi, it some of the experienced players who let us down.

Unfortunately that is not true. We have one dressing room and one squad and a defeat is a defeat. Having excuses makes it slightly less depressing but I'd still take a win over a loss with an excuse. And ultimately we played 5 or 6 first choice players as well.
Don't agree with this.

For anyone who is happy to peddle the line of 'it wasn't the same side that will play against West Brom so a defeat doesn't matter' just unbelievable! It is ONE squad, it is ONE team no matter who plays, clearly never played any form of competitive sport and if so you wouldn't have been anywhere near any of the teams i've played for (Rugby and Football) our manager would have battered us for even having them sort of thoughts.
Bollocks.

We've not won in 6 games, we've every right to be concerned.

Like I said, still top of the table, still in the champs and FA cup. If you just look at the results of the last 6 games you are just focusing on a tiny part of the bigger picture. There are going to be ups and downs as Pep implements his notoriously different style of play just as Liverpool blew hot and cold in Klopps first season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.