United post-match thread

I'd say a win and a draw (the point may be very important seeing as BMG will be playing Barca in a dead rubber which is always a worry) would justify Pep's choice in the short term.

That's obviously ignoring the 4 free midweeks we now have that we missed out on last season which makes 12 points in the league easier to come by in the long term.

I'd soon scrap the whole bloody competition like the Spanish and Germans.

The two LC semi-finals in January (?) last season v Everton took a lot out of us and resulted in KDB getting injured. Although we got through and won the final, I reckon these two tough games impacted negatively on us, coming as they did just after one of the busiest spells of the football season and we never recovered from it in the league.

Having had nearly 24 hours to let the performance and result sink in, I am nowhere near as disappointed as I usually am after a derby defeat.

I thought Navas was MotM - he had fatty Shaw pissing out straight all game - but neither Maffeo and Garcia were very far behind him. They both proved that they are already good enough to play against mid-table teams.

And when you consider that the rags were the only team to play their best team, it shows how desperate scum and PEG have become.

Funny, isn't it? Google "United City penalty" and what comes up is the Bravo tackle on Rooney, not last night's nailed-on pen. Certainly no equivalent of "The penalty debate: Were United cruelly denied in their Manchester derby defeat to City?"

football has never been more demanding than nowadays, physically and mentally. To compete in four comps is not a viable proposition imho, so the team for last night was what we needed. Dippers will benefit from no euro involvement, like Leicester last season who played 17 (iirc) games less than us. To go for everything would require a much better squad than we have at the moment, in a couple of years maybe the academy will be onstream, and the target of two stars for every position will be met.
Last night was just a speed bump on the road to the very top...............

Find it hard to believe that people think our second string outplayed their first XI. It was reasonably even for 45mns, I wouldn't say we were ever truly 'on top' - then after Vince went off our arse went, and after the goal we gave up. THAT is the disappointment - not the result.
this is as spot on as it could be i think..well said quiet_riot

Emperor's New Clothes= Pep.
Hart decision was incorrect, the Toure situation is farcical , Aguero's treatment is poor, and the petulant banning of wifi is pathetic, we haven't won a game since. The first half v Southampton was the most boring game I have seen in many a year. If Pep went tomorrow , I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep.

have you taken any positives at all from this season?

So we lost .
An experiment gone wrong.
Congratulations Peg.
On paper we should have been overawed and easily overcome by a strong team, but anyone who saw will know that was far from the truth.
Poor old Peg - the incredible shrinking man!
A lonely figure, down from his ivory tower, come to see his inherited 'team' , foul with impunity, dive more than Tom Daley and play dead better than Lassie!
The officials ' inability to see, Wenger like, all the gamesmanship taking place.
Pep saw it all - Peg knew that and slunk off like a thief in the night, in the absolute certainty that, even though they had triumphed , that we had played the game the way it ought to be played. Kids and all!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.