United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mëtal Bikër said:
JM Mcr said:
My my, you really did take my throwaway remark the other day to heart didn't you?

At no point did I say that this IPO was (or indeed, wasn't) going to be good value, or worthwhile. In fact the only thing I've consistently said is that I hope it fails, thereby forcing the Glazers out more quickly.

After you got all precious about my initial tongue in cheek comment, I did expand on that comment by explaining that I meant I didn't think anyone should jump to any conclusions based on the ongoing media speculation, as much of the relevant information - ie value of club, cost/numbers of shares to be sold (or even the p/e ratio that you like to talk about so much) - had still to be disclosed.

Even now that information is in the public domain the underwriters haven't yet walked away or pulled the plug. Until that happens, or the offer succeeds, then all any of us can do is continue to speculate but please don't label me as a Glazer apologist or an advocate of their financial plans.
All you ever seem to do is argue with other people on this site.

chillBro.jpg
No he doesn't, he generally gets dogs abuse (the rag ****) but is never rude and list his points across well.

He also had a point that before the documents were in the public domain, ofcourse the underwriters would have known the price they were looking to sell and P/E ratios and as the underwriters, it wasnt insider trading, especially as the ipo was not live at the time.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Football guy said:
I don't know the meaning of being underwritten , can anyone please explain it to me?
It means that the financial institutions who are listed as underwriters will guarantee to buy any unsold shares.

there not even trying PB. list them at $16, which is over priced, little to zero take up, lower the price to say $10 for the unsold shares. the Glzaers and co have the money they wanted, or estimated they get on a 100% take up at $16, is it that blatant?

What is the point of price earnings ratio when they're not paying out ny dividends?

Prestwich_Blue said:
moomba said:
What is the point of price earnings ratio when they're not paying out ny dividends?
Earnings are not dividends. They refer to the company earnings (EBIDTA).

But typically those earnings would get shared with the shareholders.

P/E ratio can be a good guide to what return you'll get back from your investment.

Can't see much value in it if your not giving out dividends other than a good indication that the company isn't about to fall over.

Fergie says he would have left United long ago if he was motivated by money.

A bit naive of Fergie to suggest that players (e.g Pogba) should think the same way. United's 'history' doesn't carry much weight when they're skint.

moomba said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
moomba said:
Earnings are not dividends. They refer to the company earnings (EBIDTA).

But typically those earnings would get shared with the shareholders.

P/E ratio can be a good guide to what return you'll get back from your investment.

Can't see much value in it if your not giving out dividends other than a good indication that the company isn't about to fall over.
More to do with comparing share prices across companies and sectors. If a company's P/E ratio is out of line with other comparable ones then you'd want to know what the reason for that is. They are pitching themselves as a "new media" company yet only 5% of their income comes from digital content.

Which reminds me that in the investor presentation they talk about "monitising" those 659m fans and the increasing importance of "premium content". Could anything better sum up their grubby, money-grabbing attitude than this, when we have a vast amount of free content on our website?<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:40 am --<br /><br />
bacuzzi said:
Fergie says he would have left United long ago if he was motivated by money.
I heard that two or three seasons ago he "did a Rooney" and threatened to retire unless he was paid a shit-load more money. He's a lying, hypocritical turd of a man and I see his "denial" that he's benefitting from the IPO doesn't actually deny he's one of the potential beneficiaries of that share scheme.

BlueAnorak said:
Well they get the money whatever happens because the share issue has been underwritten. -Jefferies are the main underwriter.

That said if the offer is under subscribed it will force the future share price down from $16 a share which would be a huge problem for the Glazers. Why? Because a secondary objective of the IPO is to obtain a stock market valuation of the club - one that they can use to borrow against in the future.

So anyone thinking of buying to keep the Glazers in - DONT!
So are the underwriters legally bound to this now then? I thought they could still pull the plug at this stage, if there appeared to be zero interest. For some reason I had it in my head that they didn't have to make a final decision on whether to proceed until after the upcoming roadshows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.