United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferguson's unbelievable hypocrisy

Having lost out on the Brazilian Moura to PSG Fergie states

"they are paying £35 million for a 19 year old , the game has gone mad"

Can someone remind me again who, ten years ago paid over £30 million for a 23 year old centre half called Rio Ferdinand??

Also who was it who has shelled out roughly £30 million each on Veron, Rooney and Berbatov!!

Re: Ferguson's unbelievable hypocrisy

Can't agree more. The best is he is so desperate to sign RVP he will do anything. Will be fun to watch the squabbling between him & shrek when they get awarded a pen. Did'nt that put at least 10 goals on both their last season tallys.

He didn't mind when united could buy the best of the best and offer them triple the wages of the chasing packs.

If he didn't squander 18m on de gay, 24m on young and 18m on Jones then he could have bought some class.

After they bullied spurs for Carrick and berbs (in the end levy got a good deal) I don't feel sorry for them at all

Re: Sir's Memory Is Fading Yet Again

Bilboblue said:
jrb said:
"In the conditions of European football, you don't qualify for Europe by winning the league or coming second - you only get in by invitation.

"That's where, hopefully, UEFA can have some power. When somebody's paying £45m for a 19-year-old boy you have to say the game's gone mad." <a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7974549/United-waiting-on-RVP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ing-on-RVP</a>

£25.6 million for an 18 year old in 2004.(I stand corrected) Guess the player.

Wooney?

makes me laugh he baulks at paying agents fees, yet he paid £5m to the agent who facilitated Ferdinands transfer how long ago?!

Unless its to his son................allegedly

kismet said:

Can someone remind me again who, ten years ago paid over £30 million for a 23 year old centre half called Rio Ferdinand??

Also who was it who has shelled out roughly £30 million each on Veron, Rooney and Berbatov!!

And who are rumoured to bid 30 million for Moura. So 30 million is fine but 35 is mad according to him. Also having a pop at Arsenal over the VP deal ""It's difficult to say why they're operating this way".

He really is like a child who when he doesnt get his own way starts to have digs.

In the papers today:
Arsenal will not sell Robin van Persie, 29, for less than £20m and will demand an extra £5m if Manchester United make an offer for the striker.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Dutchman Van Persie has been offered the same £220,000-a-week contract as the current top earner Wayne Rooney to make the move to Old Trafford.
Full story: Daily Telegraph

Speaking to my next door neigbour last night and apparently this weekend United are having an open day for potential new season ticket customers-you get to sit in your prospective seat and get a free museum tour to boot.

shows you how fucking desperate they now are to shift season tickets.

kismet said:

This is all part of the smoke screens and mirrors that Tolma written about in his article about the rags. How many times do we have to go for this chore until someone in the media smells the coffee and exposes this scam for what it is.

It's all going tits up and I'm very amused.

All hot air about transfers the same as last season, a iffy deal with a car company which may well be legal but stinks, rags now registered in Cayman Is and bits hidden in Delaware. With things being hidden who knows what Uncle Malc has planned? It's not likely to be for the good of the rags more likely for the good of Malc.

Looking like 1 pube haired forward, an assortment of wingers, some old blokes and Phil Jones will have to win them the Prem.

If only we had the talent they do.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.