United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really could not make it up.....

United vice-chairman Ed Woodward, meanwhile, claimed that the club opened at the lower price to attract higher quality investors.

Is this arrgoance, stupidity, desparation or what??

Analysts have warned that the club are still overvalued despite the reduction that has already taken place due to the debt load and the voting control that the Glazer family, who own them, will retain.

A more realistic viewpoint.

Most of one half of the offering - $101.7m out of $110.3m – will be used to pay down senior debt, while the other half will be sold separately by the Glazer family.

And then the truth emerges

The disappointing opening day has been put down to the debt load on the club – United carried £416.7 million as of March 31 – and their financial track record.

Finished with a dose af absolute reality.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/11/3300114/manchester-united-endure-disappointing-opening-day-on-nyse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... ay-on-nyse</a>

Here's the link for the full article. I looked up in the dictionary the meaning of the word deluded. MANCHESTER UNITED was the result!!

Sorry to ask what may be a silly question but on the Google share thingamajig it lists EPS as 59.4. Is EPS earnings per share and if so is that a nominal figure as I thought they weren't paying a divi on them?

BigJoe#1 said:

United vice-chairman Ed Woodward, meanwhile, claimed that the club opened at the lower price to attract higher quality investors.

Analysts have warned that the club are still overvalued despite the reduction that has already taken place due to the debt load and the voting control that the Glazer family, who own them, will retain.

A more realistic viewpoint.

Most of one half of the offering - $101.7m out of $110.3m – will be used to pay down senior debt, while the other half will be sold separately by the Glazer family.

And then the truth emerges

The disappointing opening day has been put down to the debt load on the club – United carried £416.7 million as of March 31 – and their financial track record.

Finished with a dose af absolute reality.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/11/3300114/manchester-united-endure-disappointing-opening-day-on-nyse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... ay-on-nyse</a>

Here's the link for the full article. I looked up in the dictionary the meaning of the word deluded. MANCHESTER UNITED was the result!!

So if I had a beautiful mansion Id have to sell it at a lower price to attract a higher class of buyer ??

What a crock.

bluemonkey71 said:
Anyone see Gill's interview on Sky News? The newsreader put him under pressure.

He's definitely going to pocket some benefits..

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.sky.com/story/971070/man-utd-flotation-starts-on-wall-street" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.sky.com/story/971070/man-ut ... all-street</a>

Hoping the shares plummet next week and everyone dumps the stock.

So Gill's not turning up just for the love of them and their history? He seems to be a bad role model for all the players they're currently trying to sign from their academies.

BigJoe#1 said:

It is comical and defies all the known laws of economics. On that basis perhaps Ferrari should reduce the price of their cars to attract a better class of driver. In fact why don't united put the price of tickets down to ensure a higher quality of supporter attends their home games. They could certainly do with a few.

If he was concerned about the cut of the jib of potential investors, why offer shares for public sale? He could have sold them to investors after an interview in front of the Glazers, David Gill and Ferguson to ensure they met the exacting standards required to own a piece of The World's Greatest Club TM.

I suggest in making such an absurd statement Mr Woodward has scored an own goal and is in desperate need of an' equalizer'.

strongbowholic said:
Sorry to ask what may be a silly question but on the Google share thingamajig it lists EPS as 59.4. Is EPS earnings per share and if so is that a nominal figure as I thought they weren't paying a divi on them?
Earnings per share as opposed to Dividend per share

They are two different things.

Marvin said:
strongbowholic said:

So how does that work then?

Earnings per share is their annual profit divided by the number of shares that they have issued. Dividends per share is the amount of those profits they decide to distribute to shareholders.

strongbowholic said:
Marvin said:
strongbowholic said:

So how does that work then?

It's information for the shareholder or potential shareholders. A measure. Just because you see earnings per share quoted it doesn't mean the shareholder will receive those earnings. For that to happen the Company has to declare a dividend then the shareholder receives x Pence for each share they hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.