United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JM Mcr said:
EricBrooksGhost said:
What makes me laugh is the volatility excuse. Why would anyone invest in this ipo when you have no control, no dividend and the company is being bleed dry. Its not clear what the p/e ratio is for this offer so heaven knows what investors make of it.
Although Credit Suisse, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America and Deutschebank are prepared to underwrite the offer, should it indeed go ahead. Bet the Glazers are grateful that those institutions are purely going to rely on their years of experience in global investment banking rather than seeking more expert financial advice from bluemoon before deciding whether or not to proceed ;-)

Ok genius how do value this IPO offer? P/E ratio ... If so what is it is? If not how? Simple questions any investment banker would ask not something a random bluemoon poster has made up; that the statement just demonstrates your rag ignorance

So if this goes tits up and their income drops over the next couple of years, due to fickle fans and a trophless cabinet, will the Glazer's valuation of the club drop and would that leave them open to cutting their losses and selling up potentially to a Middle Eastern billionaire?

Or would that be a no-go as it would leave them personally bankrupt?

Salford_Blue said:
So if this goes tits up and their income drops over the next couple of years, due to fickle fans and a trophless cabinet, will the Glazer's valuation of the club drop and would that leave them open to cutting their losses and selling up potentially to a Middle Eastern billionaire?

Or would that be a no-go as it would leave them personally bankrupt?

I Think more likely a Chinese takeover or perhaps another bunch if Indian chicken farmers is my prefered choice.

Cant see it being another middle eastern state taking the reigns at Old Toilet-not there scene going toe to toe with a neighbouring country,reckon thats why the rumoured QSI mob chose PSG.

PB.....perhaps you can help here.

What would be the perfect scenario for us fans...?

I'll have a stab.

The Glazers get themselves in a position where they cant sell, ie the only offers available don't cover their liabilities....and if they acccepted the offer it would make them personally bankrupt......they struggle to hang on paying more and more out each year in interest payments as penalties kick in because of their indebtedness in the vain hope that the good times will return and that manager X can do what Baconchops used to do, ie win trophies and control the media.

Would the banks have to step in eventually to ensure that they retreived at least some of their money back and if so how would that work with the bonds..??

Just looking for a doomsday scenario really so I can wind a few of them lot up about the worst possible ending to Uncle Malcs tenure......

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f6/new-man-utd-jersey-disgusting-356932/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f6/new-man-utd-j ... ng-356932/</a>

Right, make take on this is as follows.

Say for instance you are trying to sell your house, but nobody is buying houses at the moment, the glazers aren't selling the house, they are selling the front garden, but whoever buys it can't use the garden or plant anything, they can't even stand on the grass!

And they want 300 million for this??? *twirly finger*

They are currently 500 million in debt with the burden of interest payments, if they float the entire club on the stock exchange, they will make an estimated 1.5 billion in profit.

So the question is, why don't they just cash in now?

My opinion is that they are flogging bits here and there so that they can make even more money than they would selling it as a job lot. Regardless of the success of selling these useless class B shares, they will always have the get out of jail free card of going wholesale when times get tough. If the current IPO is a success, they will hang on for many years. If it is a failure, they might sell the club quicker than anyone expected. So from a City point of view, the NYSE IPO being a success means many more years of Uncle Malcom.

Re: Utd and their Failed IPO

JM Mcr said:
EricBrooksGhost said:
What makes me laugh is the volatility excuse. Why would anyone invest in this ipo when you have no control, no dividend and the company is being bleed dry. Its not clear what the p/e ratio is for this offer so heaven knows what investors make of it.
Although Credit Suisse, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America and Deutschebank are prepared to underwrite the offer, should it indeed go ahead. Bet the Glazers are grateful that those institutions are purely going to rely on their years of experience in global investment banking rather than seeking more expert financial advice from bluemoon before deciding whether or not to proceed ;-)

So why hasnt it gone ahead then if these giants are prepared to underwrite it..??

EricBrooksGhost said:
JM Mcr said:
EricBrooksGhost said:
Ok genius how do value this IPO offer? P/E ratio ... If so what is it is? If not how? Simple questions any investment banker would ask not something a random bluemoon poster has made up; that the statement just demonstrates your rag ignorance
Not sure why you're so hostile but I'm no genius, nor ever claimed to be. To be honest that sort of sums up my point.

You seem to have made your mind up on the viability of any IPO based on the extremely limited information that is currently in the public domain (the Glazers have yet to even confirm their valuation of the club or proposed price and numbers of shares to be issued, hence my reserving judgement until details are known) but I would imagine the underwriting bankers may be privy to more information than that.

Re: Utd and their Failed IPO

samharris said:
JM Mcr said:
EricBrooksGhost said:

So why hasnt it gone ahead then if these giants are prepared to underwrite it..??

I'm pretty certain the banks would look for intrest from the puplic after the announcement and it is very possible it was met with not only disintrest but absolute laughter aswell. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.