United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Marvin.

@ Rammyblues, A fair bit i think bud, as PB say's the bankers get paid if it works or doesn't.
You know how much those fuckers earn so i'd say a bleedin lot.

Another thought, wonder how much the fact they haven't disclosed those "accounts" for the last quarter has to do with this climbdown. If they were good there wouldn't have been a problem IMO. As PB reckons they are way down on last year could be they know they can't float this IPO now (market) delaying until maybe some improvement in market (they will have to disclose bad news) meaning either way this thing will sink, rather than throw good money after bad they pull the whole thing, hope Fergie can turn it all around next season and re launch when maybe (in their thinking) the rags win the treble and everything looking rosie at the club and season tickets are flying off the shelves.

Nice to see the Rags entering into the Olympic spirit by booing every time Suarez gets the ball. I hope fans around the world are told that it's Rags booing and not Brit fans. The bloke on the tannoy needs to tell them that it's Uruguay v UAE, so put you petty little club loyalties to one side and just support the Olympics and enjoy the football. Bunch of cunts every fucking one of them.

Re: Utd and their Failed IPO

The Future's Blue said:
JM Mcr said:
It also hasn't definitely been pulled (yet), there's lots of speculation about and very few hard facts. On that basis I wouldn't be quick to jump to conclusions (whatever your preferred outcome).
I wonder why there'd be a lot of negative speculation, on a City forum?

(Rubs chin inquisitively)
I was talking about speculation throughout the media (negative and positive), don't think I referred to negative speculation on a City forum?

EricBrooksGhost said:
You see I'm hostile when a rag has a dig at my post which was asking why you would invest in this IPO when it can't be accurately valued i.e. P/E ratio; and gives a lack of control i.e. B shares ; you dismissed it as bluemoon ramblings yet both are things an investment banker or any other investment institution would be interested in. Also non public domain information that aids in the assessment of buying shares...... That would be insider information you mean, oh dear. Of course i will accept there is some irony in that the last big US IPO was Facebook with a P/E ratio of 100.... Which is ludicrous. So may be that kind of irrational investment thinking gives you some hope rag boy but don't dismiss things so easily next time and always assume the given reason in the media is real reason.
The only dig I had was in an attempt to point out that the potential underwriters may know a bit more than the rest of us at this early stage. And no, I wasn't referring to insider trading - I stated in my previous reply that we don't even know yet the intended share price or proposed number of shares to be released (ie Glazers valuation), I assume the underwriters would need to be aware of that before agreeing to be involved. If that assumption is incorrect then I apologise.

I didn't dismiss anything as bluemoon ramblings and, whilst I can quite easily believe that the current volatility in the market has caused the latest delay, I don't dispute that may force the whole thing to be pulled if it means the Glazers can't rush it thro in their preferred timescale.

Ps the B shares aren't part of the IPO, the Glazers will keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.