United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
SWP's back said:
Marvin said:
The Utd sp and PB's suggestion that Utd may have used MUFC as collateral for loans. See above. The theory was that if the price falls then the Glazers would have to deposit additional collateral. My point is that if that was the case, any original collateral would likely have been valued at book value as there was no market until recently.
Do you not realise that market value supercedes book value?
But when the loans were made - if they were made - there was no means of valuing Man Utd so I am suggesting that if the Company was used as collateral they would have used the value based on the Glazer takeover which was £800M therefore this only becomes a problem once the market cap drops below £800m
Which I would imagine will happen by mid-September when the accounts come out.

Do you know if it's possible to short the stock with a uk spread-betting a/c?

Would be good if we could pay for City tickets out of the gains. Think how annoying it would be if we lost though

Marvin said:
Do you know if it's possible to short the stock with a uk spread-betting a/c?

Would be good if we could pay for City tickets out of the gains. Think how annoying it would be if we lost though
I don't think you would lose but the answer is I don't know mate.

But I am now going to look it up as that sounds like a good idea.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.etxcapital.co.uk/spread-betting/benefits-of-spread-betting.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.etxcapital.co.uk/spread-bett ... tting.aspx</a>

this IPO thread is like two Aboriginals trying to teach Swahili to an abattoir of swinging carcasses. Or like two men speculating on the weight of a cow, which is 200 yards away, with only maltesers as the unit of measurement. And about as significant as a man finding a peanut down the back of a sofa, in Milton Keynes...or a pigeon dreaming about snooker...

And although tonight's walk in the park saddened me, as the leaves already seem to be falling from the trees, THANK JESUS MARY AND ALL THE FOOKIN SAINTS, THAT THE FOOTBALL SEASON STARTS IN TWO DAYS TIME!

eot

whyalwaysLee said:
this IPO thread is like two Aboriginals trying to teach Swahili to an abattoir of swinging carcasses. Or like two men speculating on the weight of a cow, which is 200 yards away, with only maltesers as the unit of measurement. And about as significant as a man finding a peanut down the back of a sofa, in Milton Keynes...or a pigeon dreaming about snooker...

And although tonight's walk in the park saddened me, as the leaves already seem to be falling from the trees, THANK JESUS MARY AND ALL THE FOOKIN SAINTS, THAT THE FOOTBALL SEASON STARTS IN TWO DAYS TIME!

eot
:-)

whyalwaysLee said:

eot
the info from PB, SWP and Martin makes a damn site more sense than your post Cantona

whyalwaysLee said:

eot

Those Aboriginals....were they werthers ??

Conspiracy theory

What if Malc and his boys want the shares to collapse, so they can buy them back via a 3rd party at a much cheaper price.

jrb said:
Conspiracy theory

What if Malc and his boys want the shares to collapse, so they can buy them back via a 3rd party at a much cheaper price.
Would make zero sense.

jrb said:
Conspiracy theory

I dont think I will ever get my head around that tbh..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.