United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine they would line up like this:

---------------de Gea-------------

Valencia--Ferdinand---Vidic----Evra

----------Carrick--Anderson-------

Nani----------Rooney-------Kagawa

----------------RVP----------------

Perhaps the Everton game may come to soon and Welbeck will be over RVP and possibly Young over Nani.

The other question mark is Scholes/Anderson. I know the natural thought would be Scholes but listening to them lot, they're impressed with Anderson in the latter part of pre season and think Scholes may be brought on around the hour mark in some games when the opposition are tiring a little so he can ping crossfield balls.

I'm still sceptical about CM for them but maybe they are trying to adopt a KK approach where it's a case of we'll score more than you.

sjk2008 said:
I imagine they would line up like this:

---------------de Gea-------------

Valencia--Ferdinand---Vidic----Evra

----------Carrick--Anderson-------

Nani----------Rooney-------Kagawa

----------------RVP----------------

Perhaps the Everton game may come to soon and Welbeck will be over RVP and possibly Young over Nani.

The other question mark is Scholes/Anderson. I know the natural thought would be Scholes but listening to them lot, they're impressed with Anderson in the latter part of pre season and think Scholes may be brought on around the hour mark in some games when the opposition are tiring a little so he can ping crossfield balls.

I'm still sceptical about CM for them but maybe they are trying to adopt a KK approach where it's a case of we'll score more than you.
City's midfield would eat that one (again)

For me, the RVP purchase is Fergie's last throw of the dice, a bit like Hitler's campaign in the Ardennes. He hopes to hold us back enough to win one more title, then he can go with head held high. It's a gamble - it could pay off, but it's asking a lot and if it fails, that's it. (For Baconchops, not United. They will be thereabouts for some time yet.)

Their midfield looks poor next to ours - yeah, but they only have to play us twice. Against most teams they will be good enough to do the business, and I think they will collect a lot of points. Whether it will be enough - who knows?

samharris said:
whyalwaysLee said:
this IPO thread is like two Aboriginals trying to teach Swahili to an abattoir of swinging carcasses. Or like two men speculating on the weight of a cow, which is 200 yards away, with only maltesers as the unit of measurement. And about as significant as a man finding a peanut down the back of a sofa, in Milton Keynes...or a pigeon dreaming about snooker...

And although tonight's walk in the park saddened me, as the leaves already seem to be falling from the trees, THANK JESUS MARY AND ALL THE FOOKIN SAINTS, THAT THE FOOTBALL SEASON STARTS IN TWO DAYS TIME!

eot

Those Aboriginals....were they werthers ??
That would all depend on whether it was an African Swallow or a European Swallow.

Anyone find it quite easy to make the transition to hating RVP? I've always thought he was a bit of a prick, this obviously just confirms it.

VanPersie.jpg

how can the scum out spend us

is it just me but how can the skint rag bastards out spend us fook the ffpr chealsea and psg have

Re: how can the scum out spend us

outspending us because they are trying to match us.

Re: how can the scum out spend us

skybluelyon said:
is it just me but how can the skint rag bastards out spend us fook the ffpr chealsea and psg have
By spending more money than us.

It's pretty easy when you think about it.

Think the problem on here is so many people have religiously trotted out the 'rags have no money' 'the rags are skint' etc etc it gets taken in as gospel by the majority and hence you get comments like "how the fuck are they outspending us" "wheres the money coming from" appearing, ive said it before they will always have money anyone who genuinely thinks they are skint is very very naive and probably trying to convince themselves as much as actually believing their own words, United aint skint and never will be they make too much off the field to ever go short in the transfer market thats just the way it is, 70 million a year for a bloody shirt sponsorship or whatever it was for christ sake!! the more people start to accept that they aint actually penniless the less surprise and utter dismay they'll have when things like Van Persie happen.

It really shouldn't bother anyone of us though seeing as we have considerably more resources and always will so why should we care? but it seems to have become a bit of a stigma on here 'oh United wont sign him theyre skint' etc when its just not true, havnt they spent the best part of 100 million in the last 2 summer windows??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.