United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AntiUnited said:
JM Mcr said:
salfordpaul said:
when you think about it we must have annoyed utd in more ways than one.

they always sat at the top of the pile historically and feared no one. move on to 2008 and all of a sudden the laughable neighbours had a cash injection. eyebrows were raised but no real problem ...they're lickle old city who always fuck up at every stage.

so then city flex a bit of muscle (robhino) and utd think " we cant have this " and city put in for berbatov..utd react quickly paying over the odds! similar happens a couple of years later with rvp who goes to the club and raises player parity meaning a no. of 1st teamers get a lucrative pay rise...shit i forgot about rooney who threatened to come to us, he gets paid a handsome sum and stays.

all in all it has hurt utd financially. they must hate what has happened over here. we have probably cost them millions and with dwindling attendances they can hardly afford it!

we now are serious opposition as a team, and they know it..we have upset their applecart and cartel..............long may it continue! knobs
Dwindling attendances? Utd's average league gate has increased in each of the last 2 seasons (2010/11 & 2011/12) and is up again in this season so far.

Last season's league average was Utd's highest since 2007/08.

Sorry thats a load of horse shit. When ever i see that stadium i see plenty of empty seats and some 1 else mentioned it they are advertising heavily for VIP/season tickets surely if they have a waiting list this should never happen ?
Tho you accept the fact that City sell out every league game whilst still having plenty of empty seats on show in most televised games?

Not sure how you think Utd would benefit by pretending to sell more tickets than they have? Perhaps they want to do their bit for the economy by paying VAT on non existent ticket sales?

As for season ticket sales, there's no waiting list and hasn't been for a few years. They've still sold in excess of 50,000 (52,000 was the figure bandied about but not sure how accurate that figure is) but have still got a "limited" number available, whatever that means.

Bearing in mind your antipathy towards Utd (you seem to post more about them than City from what I've seen) you're obviously going to be more inclined to believe anecdotal "evidence" than the club's own figures but those figures are widely available should you wish to look at them.

JM Mcr said:
AntiUnited said:
JM Mcr said:
Dwindling attendances? Utd's average league gate has increased in each of the last 2 seasons (2010/11 & 2011/12) and is up again in this season so far.

Last season's league average was Utd's highest since 2007/08.

Sorry thats a load of horse shit. When ever i see that stadium i see plenty of empty seats and some 1 else mentioned it they are advertising heavily for VIP/season tickets surely if they have a waiting list this should never happen ?
Tho you accept the fact that City sell out every league game whilst still having plenty of empty seats on show in most televised games?

Not sure how you think Utd would benefit by pretending to sell more tickets than they have? Perhaps they want to do their bit for the economy by paying VAT on non existent ticket sales?

As for season ticket sales, there's no waiting list and hasn't been for a few years. They've still sold in excess of 50,000 (52,000 was the figure bandied about but not sure how accurate that figure is) but have still got a "limited" number available, whatever that means.

Bearing in mind your antipathy towards Utd (you seem to post more about them than City from what I've seen) you're obviously going to be more inclined to believe anecdotal "evidence" than the club's own figures but those figures are widely available should you wish to look at them.

Its pr spin for we need more people..

AntiUnited said:
JM Mcr said:
AntiUnited said:

How many empty seats do you think you see at Old Trafford during most league games? Couple of hundred? 4 or 5 hundred?

Do you actually know what the capacity of the stadium is? The facts are that Utd's average league attendance HAS increased in each of the last 2 season's and is likely to again this year (as has City's I believe). You PR comment indicates that you may be too biased to accept that - alternatively you may just not actually know what you're talking about.

JM Mcr said:
AntiUnited said:
JM Mcr said:

How many empty seats do you think you see at Old Trafford during most league games? Couple of hundred? 4 or 5 hundred?

Do you actually know what the capacity of the stadium is? The facts are that Utd's average league attendance HAS increased in each of the last 2 season's and is likely to again this year (as has City's I believe). You PR comment indicates that you may be too biased to accept that - alternatively you may just not actually know what you're talking about.
PR comment? I'd suggest his user name gives it away.

I think United have a number of problems and potential issues at the moment.

The imminent loss of the Manager, the Glazers taking money out of the Club, the reliance on the Ginger Bastard etc;

I think we are clutching at straws if we attempt to include lack of support.

The Future's Blue said:
JM Mcr said:
AntiUnited said:

PR comment? I'd suggest his user name gives it away.
But I was giving him the benefit of the doubt ;-)

JM Mcr said:
AntiUnited said:
JM Mcr said:

There is significantly and noticeably less people at the sty than there has been in previous years IMO

There is no point arguing with that JM Mcr bloke as he will absolutely not accept anything negative said about the rags but fair play as I'm the same with City.

The truth is City advertise tickets for hospitality on the radio for most games, whereas them lot are advetising tickets on open sale for Euro and league games nowadays, this from a club who fans tell me they cannot get to the game, too hard to get tickets, waiting lists etc. and were laughing at us advertising only a couple of seasons ago.

Short memory them lot, this JM bloke doesn't come across as a WUM like most of them but he has to accept that as blues all we've heard for years is "you'll never win anything", we did that so they said "never beat us to the league title" we did that too so they now bang on about empty seats when we see them at the swamp too and they advertise them on open sale!!

It's all banter, just can't wait in ten years time or whenever when the good lord Mansour has established us as a club competeing at the top table regular, with 60odd thousand fans each week etc what will the rag WUM's say then!!

casualdeyna said:
There is no point arguing with that JM Mcr bloke as he will absolutely not accept anything negative said about the rags but fair play as I'm the same with City.

The truth is City advertise tickets for hospitality on the radio for most games, whereas them lot are advetising tickets on open sale for Euro and league games nowadays, this from a club who fans tell me they cannot get to the game, too hard to get tickets, waiting lists etc. and were laughing at us advertising only a couple of seasons ago.

Short memory them lot, this JM bloke doesn't come across as a WUM like most of them but he has to accept that as blues all we've heard for years is "you'll never win anything", we did that so they said "never beat us to the league title" we did that too so they now bang on about empty seats when we see them at the swamp too and they advertise them on open sale!!

It's all banter, just can't wait in ten years time or whenever when the good lord Mansour has established us as a club competeing at the top table regular, with 60odd thousand fans each week etc what will the rag WUM's say then!!
Of course I'll accept negative comments about Utd - I'll even make them myself (very) occasionally. The post I replied to tho talked about Utd being hurt by dwindling attendances, something that for league games at least isn't borne out by facts. Ticket sales have increased over recent seasons tho I agree that empty seats are in evidence at many league games (as they are for City games). I'd imagine that's down to season ticket holders picking and choosing their games, which is a strange thing to do imo, but that doesn't hurt the club as the tickets have already been paid for.

It'll be interesting to see whether, after years of taking their support for granted and of driving out long standing fans with ticket prices and the auto cup scheme, Utd are prepared to try any initiatives such as discounted ticket sales for cup schemes, or relaxing the auto cup scheme, but doubt it unless ticket sales start to drop significantly. The fact that they've introduced a reduced pricing structure across the stadium for U16s, U18s and over 65s (as well as regularly advertising ticket sales on the radio) suggests they're aware that they've pushed their initial ticketing policy as far as they can, and frankly I'm amazed that they still pull the crowds that they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.