United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Train said:
bleed.blue said:
and this just in from optajoe

@optajoe: 21 - Since the start of 2010-11 Manchester City & Manchester United have won a joint-Premier League high 21 penalties each. Even.

So where is that inquiry you old piece of sh*&.

Mancini should come out and ask for an inquiry as to how many red cards and penalties they get against top 4 teams.

Also how many of Utd penalties were when they were behind/struggling to break down a team and really mattered. Or how many were actually stone wall and not via Young and Rooney diving

hertsblue said:
Train said:
bleed.blue said:
and this just in from optajoe

@optajoe: 21 - Since the start of 2010-11 Manchester City & Manchester United have won a joint-Premier League high 21 penalties each. Even.

So where is that inquiry you old piece of sh*&.

Mancini should come out and ask for an inquiry as to how many red cards and penalties they get against top 4 teams.

Also how many of Utd penalties were when they were behind/struggling to break down a team and really mattered. Or how many were actually stone wall and not via Young and Rooney diving
The agenda - the forum gift that just keeps giving :-)

JM Mcr said:
hertsblue said:
Train said:

I think he's asking a relevant question without recourse to an agenda

A penalty when 3-0 up hardly has the same impact on a game than one that breaks the deadlock and sees the opposition go down to ten men.

Equally a penalty for a clear dive should have easily been spotted by the eagle eyed officials within the premier league

So I hardly think there was the need to take the piss on this occasion.

squirtyflower said:
JM Mcr said:
hertsblue said:

A penalty when 3-0 up hardly has the same impact on a game than one that breaks the deadlock and sees the opposition go down to ten men.

Equally a penalty for a clear dive should have easily been spotted by the eagle eyed officials within the premier league

The inference is that Utd benefit from dubious decisions (which, like all top sides, they do at times), which imo makes it another "agenda" comment.

City fans used to question the number of penalties Utd got, feeling they benefited from more than their fair share. Now that City get as many penalties as Utd, it's time to query the timing of the penalties (suspicious that Utd get more pens when they're chasing a game - ie attacking - than when they're not!!??).

Not much point getting into it again tho, let's face it you n I would struggle to agree that today's Friday so we're never gonna agree on this.

My apologies in advance to Hertsblue tho if I have taken his comments out of context.

JM Mcr said:
squirtyflower said:
JM Mcr said:

The inference is that Utd benefit from dubious decisions (which, like all top sides, they do at times), which imo makes it another "agenda" comment.

City fans used to question the number of penalties Utd got, feeling they benefited from more than their fair share. Now that City get as many penalties as Utd, it's time to query the timing of the penalties (suspicious that Utd get more pens when they're chasing a game - ie attacking - than when they're not!!??).

Not much point getting into it again tho, let's face it you n I would struggle to agree that today's Friday so we're never gonna agree on this.

My apologies in advance to Hertsblue tho if I have taken his comments out of context.
Its thursday here

squirtyflower said:
JM Mcr said:
squirtyflower said:

Its thursday here
See what I mean :-)

JM Mcr said:
squirtyflower said:
JM Mcr said:

Its a bit like foul calls. Both teams could end up with the same number of fouls at the end of the day, but it doesn't tell the whole picture and its influences on the game. One team could be given a penalty and a few dubious calls in dangerous places whilst fouls for the other team are generally ignored when the game is at 0-0 and on the line.

Only until the favored team is leading comfortably at 2-0 or whatever does the other team get the calls they deserve, and even then, the calls they would receive would be fouls in innocuous positions.

At the end of the day, the stats tell us that the foul count is even, when that's not the case as the calls influence were greatest when the game was on the line.

Off the top of my head, this seasons games against Chelsea, Liverpool, & Arsenal have all resulted in either a red card or a penalty.

Granted, i don't think the game against Arsenal would've resulted any differently, but the games against Chelsea & Liverpool might've had a different ending if officiated correctly. That is why i made the comment about how despite receiving 21 penalties each, it is the context of who you play and when you receive them that's important.

JM Mcr said:
squirtyflower said:
JM Mcr said:

Whinge, whinge fucking whinge.

Just like when we were paupers, then we get cash, buy great players but oh no your cash is better then ours.

If my memory serves me correctly, during fergusons entire 26 year job at utd, He has only seen City awarded 2 penalties. Keith Curle at o/t and Darius Vasells miss CoMs. An astonishing statistic really. You will not hear any media pundit would remind him of this, of course. He has no cause for concern as far as a City penalty goes, history proves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.