United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JM Mcr said:
117 M34 said:
I got a letter at work this week saying I can bring a group of kids for reduced prices to the West Ham game, safe to say it went in the bin, along with all the others they send for the 'smaller' cup games.
What a total bunch of ***** - offering discounted tickets to local kids........that club really is demonic!!!??
Do Utd season-ticket holders have to buy a FA Cup ticket?

jrb said:
Added to the above.

North West Business Desk.

MANCHESTER United has announced two commercial deals in China, including its first financial services sponsorship.

It has agreed a three year link-up with China Construction Bank. As part of the deal China Construction Bank will hold the rights exclusively to produce the official Manchester United branded credit card in mainland China.

CCB will be marketing the Manchester United Credit Card to its almost 102 million personal banking customers.

Manchester United commercial director, Richard Arnold, said: "Manchester United has a huge following in China of 108 million. We know from our visits there, including to Shanghai last summer, that our Chinese followers have always been among the most supportive.

"As China’s fiscal and industrial strength continues to grow, it is establishing itself as a leader in the global economy and the place for businesses to invest. In 80 major cities in China CCB have almost 60% of all branches, making them the ideal partner to connect with our fans.

“Together with our TV and mobile partners, financial services products give us tangible ways of providing real benefits to our fans that enable them to establish a closer relationship with their favourite team.”

As one of the big four banks in China, CCB employs over 320,000 employees and has almost 14,000 domestic branches.

In a separate move, the club has agreed a new three-year sponsorship with Chinese soft drinks manufacturer Wahaha.

The deal will see the popular drinks brand become the club’s first Official Soft Drinks Partner in China.

Wahaha has been the largest beverage producer in China for the past 11 years, with branded products including milk drinks, soft drinks, energy drinks, bottled water, bottled tea, fruit juice, porridges and yoghurt beverages.

Mr Arnold said: "Wahaha is one of the most iconic brands in China and one that has come to symbolise the dynamism and strength of the modern Chinese economy."

Zong Qinghou, chief executive of Wahaha said: "‘The partnership between China's largest beverage company and the world's top English football club is an inspiring and huge development for Wahaha."

So what's going on?

Maths isn't my greatest point, but that's roughly 10-12 sponsorship deals signed in the last Year or so, outisde the major ones.

Either United are maximising the brand name, or they are in a real financial mess and are prepared to sell their soul to any taker.

In the meantime City have probably signed two or three similar sponsorship deals at the most.(I stand corrected)
Pretty sure City will also be doing their utmost to maximise the club's revenues.....I'd say pretty much every top flight club is prepared to "sell their soul to any taker".....before throwing too many stones out of your greenhouse you may want to remember Frank.

Marvin said:
JM Mcr said:
117 M34 said:
I got a letter at work this week saying I can bring a group of kids for reduced prices to the West Ham game, safe to say it went in the bin, along with all the others they send for the 'smaller' cup games.
What a total bunch of ***** - offering discounted tickets to local kids........that club really is demonic!!!??
Do Utd season-ticket holders have to buy a FA Cup ticket?
Not for a replayed game..

City Raider said:
i'll be amazed if slur lets kompany decision pass without comment

Yeah he'll have his arse licker plant to ask the question and there is always an agenda when he opens his gob

manimanc said:
any chance of the chinese soft drinks company "wahaha" being uniteds sponsor in the next few years??

it fits the bill perfectly....

LOL .. love it.. it's clear that the Scum are now desperate to tie up big sponsorship deals in view of
a) their own parlous finacial posistion of having to syphon off money to service the Yank debt (NB no-one has been signing the Glazers' names from the rooftops of late !!)

b) The potential sunami that City's wealth and success presents....

It's a sign of the times.. as are the endless Scum adverts for match tickets on Talkshyte....

So mich for the 'can't get a ticket' brigade....

I'm no expert but it seems to me that Utd's financial problems are well and truly over. It was assumed that they had limited room to expand their commercial income, but it seems there's no limit

dom said:
manimanc said:
any chance of the chinese soft drinks company "wahaha" being uniteds sponsor in the next few years??

LOL .. love it.. it's clear that the Scum are now desperate to tie up big sponsorship deals in view of
a) their own parlous finacial posistion of having to syphon off money to service the Yank debt (NB no-one has been signing the Glazers' names from the rooftops of late !!)

It's a sign of the times.. as are the endless Scum adverts for match tickets on Talkshyte....

Shock news as Manchester United aggressively market their "brand" yet again...meanwhile in other breaking events, it has just been confirmed that an unsinkable White Star liner is.listing heavily following a collision with a very big ice cube ..

JM Mcr said:
dom said:
manimanc said:

Shock news as Manchester United aggressively market their "brand" yet again...meanwhile in other breaking events, it has just been confirmed that an unsinkable White Star liner is.listing heavily following a collision with a very big ice cube ..

who is this manchester united you talk of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.