United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How many songs do the rags have about us?

strongbowholic said:
Pam said:
There is a light said:
Probably more than they have about themselves. Didn't they famously sing an anti-City song in the first minute of a Champions league final? Strangely as well, there are more songs about us then their deadliest rivals Liverpool.

Like the Stockport pisstakes, the 'Your 'tache is trendy' song is just made up bollocks. The only 'tache I have seen at a match in years is this joker!

ibrbOoRe6fTRMf.gif

Bloke with the radio. "They've scored". Gif of the century.
Love each of the nods.

Nod 1: Aguero
Nod 2: Balotelli
Nod 3: Aguerrrrooooooooooooooooooooo......
"They've scored"
Its hard not to smile :) OK, no, its not at all hard.

Marvin said:
I'm no expert but it seems to me that Utd's financial problems are well and truly over. It was assumed that they had limited room to expand their commercial income, but it seems there's no limit

I aint either and I agree.
They may be struggling to put bums on seats in some games, but that does not concern the Glaziers, when there are millions around the world who will just lap up a manyooooo Credit Card, shirt, jigsaw, etc because that is as close as it gets for them.

They could get 30-40K a game in the ground, but with all the deals that they are generating at present, the Glaziers couldn't give a shit.

Looks like they have a nice chance to beat Madrid in Champions League.

Madrid schedule if both them and Barcelona advance in cup over Valencia and Malaga apparently - Barcelona (Cup), United, Barcelona (League), United, Barcelona (Cup)

Madrid could collapse completely at that period losing everything.

MSP said:

Madrid schedule if both them and Barcelona advance in cup over Valencia and Malaga apparently - Barcelona (Cup), United, Barcelona (League), United, Barcelona (Cup)

Behave. They'll dominate us in both matches. We don't have a midfield.

Viva Rivaldo said:
MSP said:

What about Carrick, the best distributor of the ball in Europe?
He is amazing!

Swales lives said:
What about Carrick, the best distributor of the ball in Europe?
He is amazing!
The best we've played in Europe in the past 3 years was with a Carrick-Giggs midfield two. The whole premise being that Carrick dropped deep, not quite sitting in front of the back four, but not too far from it either. Giggs drifted wide left to receive passes from deep from Evans/Carrick, then supplied Nani/Rooney/Park out on the left. The only reason we didn't get overrun in midfield [the final, being the obvious exception] was because Rooney dropped deep more often than not, and Park was everywhere. When the opposition had the ball we were a bit like;

----------------VDS---------------
Raf/Fab---Evans---Ferdinand---Evra
--------Carrick---------------------
---------------------Giggs---------
----------Rooney---------Park-----
Valencia/Nani----------------------
-----------------------------------
-------Hernandez------------------

However when going forward, we either distributed the ball to our wide men extremely quickly, often shifting it out wide in our own half and relying on Valencia to beat their full-back for pace, or played a few quick triangles in the middle and lumped it forward, hoping that Hernandez beat the offside trap [which he did, on occasion].

We play completely differently to that, now. Instead of virtually bypassing the midfield with the main part of our play, this season we've focussed more down the middle and relied less on our wingers. We've even played a midfield diamond on occasion, which felt extremely awkward, but was interesting to watch. Kagawa isn't a winger either, so whenever he starts "out wide", he inevitably drifts inside and sits in front of the middle two.

He'll try and start a ball-playing midfield two against Madrid and soon realise that you can't fight fire with fire if you're using a Zippo against a flamethrower. Personally I'd like to see some form of 4-3-3 in the matches against them, with a front three of Rooney on the left, RVP through the middle, and Valencia starting on the right.

Viva Rivaldo said:
MSP said:

You do have the best manager ever

Re: How many songs do the rags have about us?

There is a light said:
Probably more than they have about themselves. Didn't they famously sing an anti-City song in the first minute of a Champions league final? Strangely as well, there are more songs about us then their deadliest rivals Liverpool.

Like the Stockport pisstakes, the 'Your 'tache is trendy' song is just made up bollocks. The only 'tache I have seen at a match in years is this joker!

ibrbOoRe6fTRMf.gif

The gif that just keeps giving.

Viva Rivaldo said:
MSP said:

To be honest, when you got them I thought they'll rape you and I still believe they are as much better to do it in normal circumstances.

But with 3 classicos wrapped around United matches,it's different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.