United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roll On City said:
Premier League News ‏@FootballDave01
#MUFC have missed out on Kaka, there was an interest but #MUFC have admitted defeat in the pursuit for the #RM player.
A reliable source if ever there was one.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Seems that George Soros has bought a significant stake in the rags (about 8%). Which just goes to show that even a man who can make billions by reading the markets right can get it wrong sometimes.

Must say I was shocked to read that one earlier.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Seems that George Soros has bought a significant stake in the rags (about 8%). Which just goes to show that even a man who can make billions by reading the markets right can get it wrong sometimes.
Surely that's 8% of the IPO rather than 8% of the club PB.

'It always seems to me,
That Soros seems to be the hardest word...'

Not that I know a great deal about these things, but the fact Soros has bought into it worries me a lot. He must be sniffing an opportunity here, either to make money or, worse still, to attempt a take over (do they call it a stalking horse take over or summat? Long time since I was at school). His billions would make a big difference to them.

Prestwich_Blue said:
It's 7.85% of the Class A shares.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
So are we talking 7.85% of MUFC Plc

Or 0.785% of them? In total.

SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
So are we talking 7.85% of MUFC Plc

Or 0.785% of them? In total.

I think the later, they offered 10% of the club for sale, as Class A shares, didn't they? So if Soros has bought 8% of the class A shares then that's 8% of the 10% put up for sale rather than 8% of the club as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.