United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
Carrick and Jones (U21s) pulled out of international duty, amazing how conveniently timed their injuries are!

So obvious it's laughable surprised he hasn't pulled RVP as well

squirtyflower said:
waspish said:
LoveCity said:
Carrick and Jones (U21s) pulled out of international duty, amazing how conveniently timed their injuries are!

he does every day

do you not realise that's why he wouldn't sign for us?

I always wondered about BaconChops now I know

Re: United so poor!

JM Mcr said:
AntiUnited said:
Paul11/12 said:
How do they do it? They constantly get played off the park by average sides yet usually win by the odd goal! I thought after last year they might have lost a bit of luck!

Pinball football. Take the ball out wide and smash it as hard as you can in the box and pray it bounces off into the net or lands in-front of one of your ''strikers''. last night the only reason i saw the ball go into the middle of the park was to be swung from one wing to another. they figured out they have no clue how to actually play football simple as.
Simple as you appear to be perhaps? We all show bias towards our own, and against our rivals, teams but that's the most ridiculous statement I have read for a long long time.....well done.

Do you guys press the ball? no
Do you guys play possession football ? no
Do you hoof it to the wingers ? yes
Do you whip and smash the ball into the box and pray for a or fluky own goal? all the fuking time

So again you guys have no fukin clue how to play football. At least stoke have an identity even though it leans more to rugby then soccer.

some deluded moron on rage cafe about studs up evans ''Him and Hummels are similar in their calmness and poise. Classy touch there. Very few CBs can pull off a touch like that'' Jesus overate players much ...

AntiUnited said:
JM Mcr said:
AntiUnited said:
Pinball football. Take the ball out wide and smash it as hard as you can in the box and pray it bounces off into the net or lands in-front of one of your ''strikers''. last night the only reason i saw the ball go into the middle of the park was to be swung from one wing to another. they figured out they have no clue how to actually play football simple as.
Simple as you appear to be perhaps? We all show bias towards our own, and against our rivals, teams but that's the most ridiculous statement I have read for a long long time.....well done.

Do you whip and smash the ball into the box and pray for a or fluky own goal? all the fuking time

So again you guys have no fukin clue how to play football. At least stoke have an identity even though it leans more to rugby then soccer.

some deluded moron on rage cafe about studs up evans ''Him and Hummels are similar in their calmness and poise. Classy touch there. Very few CBs can pull off a touch like that'' Jesus overate players much ...

[bigimg]http://f.kulfoto.com/pic/0001/0015/47t2114508.jpg[/bigimg]

You'll be banging on about "the rags will be bust next year" or "Rooney is finished as a player burnt out I tell you" Put the drink down.

AntiUnited said:
JM Mcr said:
AntiUnited said:

Okaaaayyyyy, this is obviously bullshit then

Manchester United became the first team to complete 10,000 passes this season in their last match, a 4-0 victory at Wigan. Liverpool and Swansea City have a reputation for maintaining possession and completing passes, the latter is backed up by both teams appearing in the top 5 of this list.

* see the following link for full stats (compiled 08/01/13) for further evidence of what a hoofball team Utd are <a class="postlink" href="http://www.barriesview.com/2013/01/premier-league-mid-season-team-statistics-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.barriesview.com/2013/01/prem ... ics-report</a>

No possession football at all....but you obviously know much more about football than the most successful manager (in domestic terms) in the english game.

Half of the 10,000 passes seem to be wayward shots or desperate clearences that just seem to fall nicely to another Utd player :)-
Never seen a team have so much luck with the bounce of the ball

United play in a manner which is counter to what most call "modern football". The popular way of playing is a take on the Barcelona style, play lots of one and two touch football, short accurate passes, work the ball centrally and try and slot passes between the centre halves/full backs for forwards to run on to. It's how City play, it's how Chelsea play, it's how Arsenal play, it's how Swansea play and it's how Liverpool play. Some sides vary from this, but normally because they can't afford to bring in the style of player needed, think Stoke or West Ham. United do not play like this. United play like it's still 1995. They play with natural wingers (Young, Valencia, Nani), they get the ball out wide and they deliver crosses into the box. I'd be willing to bet that, if we were to look at which side has attempted the most crosses this season, United would be head and shoulders above the rest (by crosses I mean just that, crosses, not long lumped balls from deep in a Stoke style). It can't be coincidence that United have a manager in Fergie who had his greatest successes with this style of play in the 1990's. Fergie is 70 years old, he's not going to be employing new techniques at this point. He's not going to be paying Barcelona's training ground a visit to see if there's anything he can learn any time soon. He's a pensioner, and we all know how stubbord old folk can be! Part of United's success can be attributed to the abnormal manner in which they play, teams set their sides up to defend against the normal styles of play. If you're training all season to defend against "tiki-taka" football then suddenly having to deal with pace, strength, width and crossed hammered into the box is so alien to you it stands to reason United will benefit from that. Maybe this is part of Fergies tactical design, to be different to the rest, but I personally feel it's a happy coincidence that the stayle Fergie likes to play just happens to be a style very few others use anymore.

One thing that is for sure, when Fergie does indeed retire, whoever they bring in to replace him most certainly won't want to play in this manner. There will be such a seismic shift at United, both off and on the field, that it will be a monumental task to employ all the changes that will inevitable come, and be successful, at the same time.

waspish said:
LoveCity said:

Agreed, Time yet.
First he was furious at Jones being dropped the the U21 squad and then all of a sudden he withdraws. hmmmm. Lets see if he is in the next Utd squad.
I remember Giggs used to do this all the time. I think in his entire career he has only played in 2 away friendlies for Wales, rest he has been "injured"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.