United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BoyBlue_1985 said:
City Raider said:
Beckham ahead of Messi in earnings says it all - brand before ability
Well Messi has been in football 13 years less and is only £60M off I would say time in football means he is highest earning
Yep, I think it's overall earnings/wealth. Good to note that the Rags have put 4 of them in the top 10.

Another stat for the pub, me thinks.

The Future's Blue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
City Raider said:
Beckham ahead of Messi in earnings says it all - brand before ability
Well Messi has been in football 13 years less and is only £60M off I would say time in football means he is highest earning
Yep, I think it's overall earnings/wealth. Good to note that the Rags have put 4 of them in the top 10.

Another stat for the pub, me thinks.

While it is true. Beckham was a brand and sacked off because of it, Ronaldo is the 2nd best footballer on the planet after Bale and most money, Rooney is a ****. In fact I can only imagine Rio is on there through wages alone while the rest are mostly due to endorsements

shockin-hocking said:
Here's a list of the top ten highest earning footballers worldwide:

1. David Beckham - £175m
2. Lionel Messi - £115.5m
3. Cristiano Ronaldo - £112m
4. Kaka - £66.5m
5. Ronaldinho - £63m
6. Samuel Eto'o - £52m
7. Wayne Rooney - £50m
8. Zlatan Ibrahimovic - £47m
9. Rivaldo - £45.5m
10. Rio Ferdinand - £42m

On yahoo this morning.

Interesting how our players are moneygrabbers but the only two PL players on the list are rags!

It also reflects the sponsorship deals that are available to players who sign for the world's most hyped club. The oft-repeated claim that such and such a player has turned down offers of higher wages to sign for them is disingenuous to say the least.

has Rio got away with it again?

I know there's still time for him to be charged, but I thought we'd have heard by now? Maybe it's because they played on the Sunday and the referee report is not yet in

Marvin said:
has Rio got away with it again?

I know there's still time for him to be charged, but I thought we'd have heard by now? Maybe it's because they played on the Sunday and the referee report is not yet in

I wish ... but will camel get away with it yet again (in the same week)... don't hold ter breath with thecorrupt cowards running this game...

Which part of off the ball foul do they not acknowledge....??

either cowards ... or cowards

Wreckless Alec said:
shockin-hocking said:
Here's a list of the top ten highest earning footballers worldwide:

1. David Beckham - £175m
2. Lionel Messi - £115.5m
3. Cristiano Ronaldo - £112m
4. Kaka - £66.5m
5. Ronaldinho - £63m
6. Samuel Eto'o - £52m
7. Wayne Rooney - £50m
8. Zlatan Ibrahimovic - £47m
9. Rivaldo - £45.5m
10. Rio Ferdinand - £42m

On yahoo this morning.

Interesting how our players are moneygrabbers but the only two PL players on the list are rags!

It also reflects the sponsorship deals that are available to players who sign for the world's most hyped club. The oft-repeated claim that such and such a player has turned down offers of higher wages to sign for them is disingenuous to say the least.

My understanding is that a large portion of their income comes from image rights (which isn't reported or quoted for some reason...hmmm??). I'd love to see the details from the Inland Revenue investigation about these kind of payments.

How credible is the above list BTW?

Sorry Bob and <a class="postlink" href="Pidhttp://www.redcafe.net/f7/nastasic-vs-varane-tactical-anaylsis-367719/ge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">Pidhttp://www.redcafe.net/f7/nastasic-v ... -367719/ge</a> but

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.