United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestwich_Blue said:
BillyShears said:
petrusha said:
Contacts in our owner's part of the world and learning his trade as a coach in Holland (which in terms of philosophy isn't miles away from what we're trying to do) made me think it might be a decent fit. Especially if he has family in the Manchester area and is fairly settled there, though I have no idea about that. Anyway, just a thought - but glad I'm not the only one. :)

He made some pretty disparaging remarks about City and our squad either last season or the season before - I don't remember which it was. Think that might rule him out. Plus he's always looked just a little too smug.
You could say exactly the same about David Platt.

David Platt is a ****. See, I can say it now he no longer works for us. I hated him in a City shirt every time i saw him in one. On that basis, I'd have to say no to this guy too no matter how good a coach he might be ... :)

BillyShears said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
BillyShears said:
He made some pretty disparaging remarks about City and our squad either last season or the season before - I don't remember which it was. Think that might rule him out. Plus he's always looked just a little too smug.

David Platt is a ****. See, I can say it now he no longer works for us. I hated him in a City shirt every time i saw him in one. On that basis, I'd have to say no to this guy too no matter how good a coach he might be ... :)

There will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance. ;)

petrusha said:
BillyShears said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

There will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance. ;)

:)

Hope you're well Peter. Going to be an exciting summer ahead. New players, new manager, new focus and optimism.

BillyShears said:
Hope you're well Peter. Going to be an exciting summer ahead. New players, new manager, new focus and optimism.

All good here, thanks. Looking forward to developments over the close season. I think we'll be stronger next season than in the one just ended. Fanciful to think that United will fall apart, but I'm glad Ferguson won't be there any more. I'd prefer Chelsea to be getting someone other than the person they actually seem to be getting, because they're bound to improve, but never mind.

Shaping up to be quite an exciting season next time for the PL generally, I think. Looking forward to it.

petrusha said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
petrusha said:
A, I the only one who thinks that Pellegrini may well benefit from having alongside him a decent, experienced coach who knows the PL and that Meulensteen, when he leaves United, could fit that bill? Or is he a no go for reasons of personality, football philosophy or the digs he's had at us in the past?
No you're not the only one. He did a good job with the rags youth setup. Could be a very good technical director.

Contacts in our owner's part of the world and learning his trade as a coach in Holland (which in terms of philosophy isn't miles away from what we're trying to do) made me think it might be a decent fit. Especially if he has family in the Manchester area and is fairly settled there, though I have no idea about that. Anyway, just a thought - but glad I'm not the only one. :)

I agree with what you've both said. While I think it's only natural for an incoming manager to bring his own backroom staff with him, I think Moyes could be making a big mistake where Meulensteen is concerned. By all accounts he was the main reason for United's success in Ferguson's last few seasons and Moyes might have been better off finding a key position for him.

Either way, I think this level of shake-up behind the scenes proves beyond reasonable doubt that Moyes isn't going to be merely a puppet for Ferguson and is intent on putting his own mark on the team from the off. Only time will tell whether that will be a good thing for us but, good manager that Moyes undoubtedly is, as things stand I'm not too disappointed to see so many of Ferguson's mates being flirted off.

Rene Muelensteen has left the Rags, he wants to stay in England as his family are very settled here and if he has to go abroad, he will go alone, i couldnt ever see him being involved with City at any level as the Rags were engrained in him, but you never know, as already stated on here he basically ran there 1st team tactically and technically for the last 5 years, he is a very switched on coach and very forward thinking with his methods, ideal for a manager who doesn't want the day to day coaching as Ferguson didn't for the past 5 years or so

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
I see Zaha is already acting like a fucking cnut!!!

His "camelgob" celebration yesterday...What a cnut...Overated if you ask my opinion.

To be fair he turned up in a must win game that's bee the clubs most important in a decade+

I don't like the lad but its a bit early to start slaughtering him.

big blueballs said:
Rene Muelensteen has left the Rags, he wants to stay in England as his family are very settled here and if he has to go abroad, he will go alone, i couldnt ever see him being involved with City at any level as the Rags were engrained in him, but you never know, as already stated on here he basically ran there 1st team tactically and technically for the last 5 years, he is a very switched on coach and very forward thinking with his methods, ideal for a manager who doesn't want the day to day coaching as Ferguson didn't for the past 5 years or so
I'm calling Arsenal or Chelsea if he stays here. If he goes abroad maybe Porto?

NipHolmes said:
big blueballs said:
I'm calling Arsenal or Chelsea if he stays here. If he goes abroad maybe Porto?

Just seen on Twitter that William Hill have him as quite a short-priced favourite for the Wigan job. Might be a good appointment if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.