United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cyclops said:
Muelensteen wanted the number 2 job and wasn't prepared to take up any position lower than that.

I've been told that his fresh start will probably end up being in the U.A.E where he has contacts. It was because of his contacts there that the rags went on training breaks there.
It would be quite amusing if they were in Abu Dhabi :)

cleavers said:
cyclops said:
Muelensteen wanted the number 2 job and wasn't prepared to take up any position lower than that.

I've been told that his fresh start will probably end up being in the U.A.E where he has contacts. It was because of his contacts there that the rags went on training breaks there.
It would be quite amusing if they were in Abu Dhabi :)

Haha yes, more likely Qatar though I reckon.

MSP said:
Twente apparently offered him a manager job but with one year contract only and he refused it.

Some Rags think that he was hoping that he could get United main job as he was very close to Ferguson.
Let's not celebrate too quickly about Muelensteen going. Looks like Phil Neville could be taking over as first team coach. If that's true, we'll never see the title again.

Prestwich_Blue said:
MSP said:
Twente apparently offered him a manager job but with one year contract only and he refused it.

Some Rags think that he was hoping that he could get United main job as he was very close to Ferguson.
Let's not celebrate too quickly about Muelensteen going. Looks like Phil Neville could be taking over as first team coach. If that's true, we'll never see the title again.

So it`s a case of.."from mue to him"

A, I the only one who thinks that Pellegrini may well benefit from having alongside him a decent, experienced coach who knows the PL and that Meulensteen, when he leaves United, could fit that bill? Or is he a no go for reasons of personality, football philosophy or the digs he's had at us in the past?

petrusha said:
A, I the only one who thinks that Pellegrini may well benefit from having alongside him a decent, experienced coach who knows the PL and that Meulensteen, when he leaves United, could fit that bill? Or is he a no go for reasons of personality, football philosophy or the digs he's had at us in the past?
No you're not the only one. He did a good job with the rags youth setup. Could be a very good technical director.

Prestwich_Blue said:
petrusha said:
No you're not the only one. He did a good job with the rags youth setup. Could be a very good technical director.

Contacts in our owner's part of the world and learning his trade as a coach in Holland (which in terms of philosophy isn't miles away from what we're trying to do) made me think it might be a decent fit. Especially if he has family in the Manchester area and is fairly settled there, though I have no idea about that. Anyway, just a thought - but glad I'm not the only one. :)

petrusha said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
petrusha said:

Contacts in our owner's part of the world and learning his trade as a coach in Holland (which in terms of philosophy isn't miles away from what we're trying to do) made me think it might be a decent fit. Especially if he has family in the Manchester area and is fairly settled there, though I have no idea about that. Anyway, just a thought - but glad I'm not the only one. :)

He made some pretty disparaging remarks about City and our squad either last season or the season before - I don't remember which it was. Think that might rule him out. Plus he's always looked just a little too smug. As though he was born into the rags way of life.

Clearly a very highly rated coach though.

BillyShears said:
petrusha said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

He made some pretty disparaging remarks about City and our squad either last season or the season before - I don't remember which it was. Think that might rule him out. Plus he's always looked just a little too smug.
You could say exactly the same about David Platt.

I see that there's a gap in the current set-up. TB is Director of Football and Pellegrini will be first-team coach. Vieira is head of the EDS but there's no one in the middle to translate the "holistic" approach into an actual technical strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.