United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
malg said:
stony said:
keemcfc said:
An I the only one who finds it weird that we have a 500 page thread on united? If they had a 500 page thread on us on rag cafe we'd be taking the piss out of them lol

500 page thread with ten posts per page and all the rag stuff goes in here.

They have a 124 page thread with 40 posts per page just for bluemoon and separate threads for Kompany, Pellegrini, Mancini etc.

You do the maths.
They have a thread on Vinny? Wonder what their thoughts on him are.

They actually like him as a person as well as a player. The standard comment is "He's too good a player and too likeable a person to play for those bitter losers. Cunts"
They won't admit he's better than Wio or Vidic though.

He will fail at Man United because he has had zero experience in playing a 'footballing' brand of tactics. He just knows one thing, destroy, which works with shit players who are always the under dogs.

He's a fish out of water.

Out of all the management appointments this summer I have to admit David Moyes was the one that surprised me the most.

I'm looking for reasons why he was chosen and I have to admit there are some striking character similarities to Fergie, so I can imagine he will carry the traditions of Man United forward.

What I'm interested to see though, is how Moyes sets up tactically at Man U. Moyes entire managerial career has seen him play destructive / organised football with an emphasis on defending - this is polar opposite of how Man U player under Fergie. So I can envisage two scenarios:

Scenario 1: Man U play restrictive / destructive football with an emphasis on defending - it maybe successfull but it goes against United values. Only concern here is how will the fans react and more importantly how will the players react being asked to put the hand brake on.

Scenario 2: Moyes sets up his team to continue playing entertaining attacking football. However the concern here is Moyes has no experience in playing this way, also Man U bak room staff were sacked who could have helped here. Man U may see those games where the win by a narrow one goal disappear due to naivety.

What do you think will happen?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Cleverly is as home grown as Micah Richards.

Fixed your post.

No need for propaganda - let's leave that shizz to r#g c#fe ;-)
Wish it were true, but the fucker's been at the swamp for years.

sugardubby said:

Fixed your post.

cleverly was bought/poached,from bradford

ped said:
sugardubby said:

Fixed your post.

At 11 years old, no different than us signing Micah from Oldham when he was 13.

lancs blue said:
ped said:
sugardubby said:
Fixed your post.

Fair enough, I stand corrected. Thought Cleverly was older than that when he moved.

lancs blue said:
ped said:

Fair enough, I stand corrected. Thought Cleverly was older than that when he moved.

GDM you learn something everyday.

I thought he had joined them at 15 and it only took three years sprinkling of manyoo magic dust to turn him into the new Zidane.

mcmanus said:
lancs blue said:

GDM you learn something everyday.

I thought he had joined them at 15 and it only took three years sprinkling of manyoo magic dust to turn him into the new Zidane.
Me and you both, mate.

As much as it pains me, eleven is certainly young enough for him to be counted as home grown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.