United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
laserblue said:
The Pink Panther said:
It's the whole myth of home grown youth that really irks

It does me too PP. I just checked and last season the only home grown players to start any PL games were Evans (21), Cleverley (18), Welbeck (13) and Fletcher (2). If any rags are desperate enough to insist on including their geriatrics Giggs made 12 and Scholes (RIP) 8 as well.

The home grown players that rags claim are the core of their side aren't exactly setting the PL alight are they?
Cleverly is as home grown as Joe Hart.

BrianW said:
Attractive sides? Moyes? Surely some mistake. Effective perhaps. Attractive, only if you think Stoke play dazzling football.

It's difficult to judge how United will play under Moyes. He never really had the resources to build an attractive side at Everton; he had to simply settle for having an effective side. With a different type of squad at United and more money to spend, there's a possibility he could get them playing some decent stuff. It'd hardly be tiki-taka obviously, but it'll probably be more impressive to watch than his Everton side sometimes were.

Just listening to Talksport and heard Alvin Martin waffling on about just how much 'I'd really really love to see Gareth Bale in a United shirt next season'...Why Alvin? Just why is that? Are you just another excuse of a twat of a Rag sympathiser and no doubt a boyhood Nited fan.

Corleone said:
He never really had the resources to build an attractive side at Everton; he had to simply settle for having an effective side.

A myth. He had more resources than Swansea and Southampton who were among the most attractive teams in the league and built those attractive teams in a far shorter time than Moyes had at Everton. Moyes played how he did at Everton because it's his managerial style, nothing else. He's from the old school British style of management although he clearly understands the modern game a lot better than many of our managerial dinosaurs. Moyes is a good successor for Baconface because he will continue the tradition of speed merchant wingers, loads of crosses into the box, and will probably bring a more physical approach to United's game (they could sign Strootman who is a big monster of a midfielder).

LoveCity said:
Corleone said:
He never really had the resources to build an attractive side at Everton; he had to simply settle for having an effective side.

A myth. He had more resources than Swansea and Southampton who were among the most attractive teams in the league and built those attractive teams in a far shorter time than Moyes had at Everton. Moyes played how he did at Everton because it's his managerial style, nothing else. He's from the old school British style of management although he clearly understands the modern game a lot better than many of our managerial dinosaurs.

Perhaps I should re-phrase that then. He used a fairly old school style as you say at Everton because it worked there; I expect United won't be the same because they have much better players than Everton do. Very few top clubs use a sort of old school style because it rarely works so I don't think he'll do it with us. We won't be incredibly exciting to watch, but hardly dire either.

His Everton side weren't really that awful though. Hardly brilliant, but not as bad to watch as a team such as Stoke.

An I the only one who finds it weird that we have a 500 page thread on united? If they had a 500 page thread on us on rag cafe we'd be taking the piss out of them lol

keemcfc said:
An I the only one who finds it weird that we have a 500 page thread on united? If they had a 500 page thread on us on rag cafe we'd be taking the piss out of them lol

Considering who the new manager is, i believe it will rightly hit 1000 pages before September.

keemcfc said:
RAG....................................( insert winky thingumajiggy)

keemcfc said:

500 page thread with ten posts per page and all the rag stuff goes in here.

They have a 124 page thread with 40 posts per page just for bluemoon and separate threads for Kompany, Pellegrini, Mancini etc.

You do the maths.

stony said:
keemcfc said:

500 page thread with ten posts per page and all the rag stuff goes in here.

They have a 124 page thread with 40 posts per page just for bluemoon and separate threads for Kompany, Pellegrini, Mancini etc.

You do the maths.
They have a thread on Vinny? Wonder what their thoughts on him are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.