United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's the point. Utd charging Premiership prices for a League Cup game and more than half of it goes straight out of the club to pay the Glazers debt bills

A couple of bad seasons, and there wont be 60k turning up to pay it and the whole thing will come crashing down.

It would be poetic justice if the scum were to be on decline with reduced income spiralling debts and were to fall foul of the FFPR they have been so vociferous in trying to implement. :-)

Rammyblues said:
It would be poetic justice if the scum were to be on decline with reduced income spiralling debts and were to fall foul of the FFPR they have been so vociferous in trying to implement. :-)
whilst that would be most city fans' dream come true, unfortunately it won't happen

Marvin said:
I think that's the point. Utd charging Premiership prices for a League Cup game and more than half of it goes straight out of the club to pay the Glazers debt bills

A couple of bad seasons, and there wont be 60k turning up to pay it and the whole thing will come crashing down.
They always have, the posts I replied to were outraged at the prices as if they'd been increased or something. Indeed one speculated about price rises in later rounds.

I was just making people aware that they don't price games on an individual match basis. As for 60,000 I actually stated that Utd are unlikely to review the pricing structure as long as they continue to attract gates of 50,000 for league cup ties. Obviously if gates did drop drastically then I'm sure, like all clubs, they'd look at the prices to try and attract support. Whether gates will ever fall enough for that to happen is pure speculation. There's no evidence at the moment to support that prediction but who knows what will happen if /when Utd's bubble bursts?

Incidentally, I don't think the current Utd board are totally blind to supporters disquiet over ticket prices, or arrogant enough to believe that they don't need to offer incentives to boost ticket sales. The £12 anywhere in the ground for under 16s and reduced prices for 16-17 yr olds and 18-20 yr olds are all fairly recent policies and I doubt we'd have seen them introduced unless the club were worried about ticket sales.

Whatever the reason for their introduction tho, anything that makes football more affordable for young people has got to be good.

In the meanwhile City have charged me £17.50 for a seat in East Stand level 2 for the Villa LC game. The difference is that City give a fuck about their supporters while the rags don't give a fuck about theirs.

laserblue said:
In the meanwhile City have charged me £17.50 for a seat in East Stand level 2 for the Villa LC game. The difference is that City give a fuck about their supporters while the rags don't give a fuck about theirs.
no no no no no no

JMr has kindly come on and told you that is quite wrong
now pay attention there at the back

JM Mcr said:
Marvin said:

They always have, the posts I replied to were outraged at the prices as if they'd been increased or something. Indeed one speculated about price rises in later rounds.

I was just making people aware that they don't price games on an individual match basis. As for 60,000 I actually stated that Utd are unlikely to review the pricing structure as long as they continue to attract gates of 50,000 for league cup ties. Obviously if gates did drop drastically then I'm sure, like all clubs, they'd look at the prices to try and attract support. Whether gates will ever fall enough for that to happen is pure speculation. There's no evidence at the moment to support that prediction but who knows what will happen if /when Utd's bubble bursts?
You say there's no evidence but Utd still have season tickets up for sale and match day tickets are on sale up until the week of the game. Demand is just enough to sell out league games at the moment.

Marvin said:

I think it'll take many many decades of decline for that to happen.

Look at Pool. 2 decades out of it, they still fill their stadium. Plus, even the most deluded RAWKite knows that Man Utd has a bigger image and could muster up a bigger attendance for games.

laserblue said:

I think you are confusing the club with the owners. The glazers are leeches, whereas Mansour is a rich man who isn't in it for the $$. Therefore, he's not going to milk the club if he's pumping in 100's of millions. Whereas the Glazers have pulled off a textbook LBO which means they have to milk every penny, as that's going to be what they take home, the ugly men are. So that's why they've fought so hard to milk Uniteds image to a cringeworthy extent, and why ticket prices are going to be high / Automatic cup scheme.

Phil Jones, out for 2 months after surgery on a knee injury.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19530388" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19530388</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.