United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TCIB said:
Phil Jones, out for 2 months after surgery on a knee injury.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19530388" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19530388</a>
such a shame, you have to feel sorry for the wee lad, and his legions of fans

Marvin said:
JM Mcr said:
Marvin said:
I think that's the point. Utd charging Premiership prices for a League Cup game and more than half of it goes straight out of the club to pay the Glazers debt bills

A couple of bad seasons, and there wont be 60k turning up to pay it and the whole thing will come crashing down.
They always have, the posts I replied to were outraged at the prices as if they'd been increased or something. Indeed one speculated about price rises in later rounds.

I was just making people aware that they don't price games on an individual match basis. As for 60,000 I actually stated that Utd are unlikely to review the pricing structure as long as they continue to attract gates of 50,000 for league cup ties. Obviously if gates did drop drastically then I'm sure, like all clubs, they'd look at the prices to try and attract support. Whether gates will ever fall enough for that to happen is pure speculation. There's no evidence at the moment to support that prediction but who knows what will happen if /when Utd's bubble bursts?
You say there's no evidence but Utd still have season tickets up for sale and match day tickets are on sale up until the week of the game. Demand is just enough to sell out league games at the moment.
Which is exactly the point the Glazers wanted to get to and increased prices until they did.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Marvin said:
JM Mcr said:
They always have, the posts I replied to were outraged at the prices as if they'd been increased or something. Indeed one speculated about price rises in later rounds.

I was just making people aware that they don't price games on an individual match basis. As for 60,000 I actually stated that Utd are unlikely to review the pricing structure as long as they continue to attract gates of 50,000 for league cup ties. Obviously if gates did drop drastically then I'm sure, like all clubs, they'd look at the prices to try and attract support. Whether gates will ever fall enough for that to happen is pure speculation. There's no evidence at the moment to support that prediction but who knows what will happen if /when Utd's bubble bursts?
You say there's no evidence but Utd still have season tickets up for sale and match day tickets are on sale up until the week of the game. Demand is just enough to sell out league games at the moment.
Which is exactly the point the Glazers wanted to get to and increased prices until they did.
squeeze the pips dry (or in this case mugs) and then drink it in, wholesome

Prestwich_Blue said:
Marvin said:
JM Mcr said:

But a few bad results and a Monday night KO and there'll be empty seats at OT

squirtyflower said:
laserblue said:
In the meanwhile City have charged me £17.50 for a seat in East Stand level 2 for the Villa LC game. The difference is that City give a fuck about their supporters while the rags don't give a fuck about theirs.
no no no no no no

JMr has kindly come on and told you that is quite wrong
now pay attention there at the back
Where did I say that? All I said was Utd are charging normal league prices for the league cup, as they always have. Until they see a reason to do so they're unlikely to reduce prices to offer an incentive to supporters, in the way most other clubs do.

As for City's owner's giving a fuck about supporters, I doubt they do too much. They obviously don't want to alienate you (the Glazers didn't give a shit about that because of Utd's success, and all the gloryhunters waiting in the wings) and given the lack of demand for tickets for early round domestic cup ties at your ground in recent years, reducing prices makes sense, from both a marketing & customer relations point of view.

That doesn't mean your owners won't do whatever they feel is in the best interests of their business, whatever that means to the supporters. It'll be interesting to see what City's ticketing policy will be like in a few years, once they cement their "seat at the top table", with all the bandwagon jumpers that brings.

squirtyflower said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Marvin said:
squeeze the pips dry (or in this case mugs) and then drink it in, wholesome
Some very contrary views on this site. Mugs if you carry on paying ever inflated prices, whatever the cost. Fickle, dummy spitting turncoats if you decide enough's enough and walk away.

thanks for your input JM

i shall continue to have a contrary views if i wish, but in this case i haven't
but then again i have never accused anyone of being Fickle, dummy spitting turncoats if you decide enough's enough and walk away.

But a few bad results and a Monday night KO and there'll be empty seats at OT
Possibly, but you could say that about every ground Marvin. At the end of the day,whilst it's feasible that Utd may not continue to sell out Old Trafford on a regular basis, I can't really see the support collapsing any time soon. I'm sure Utd would continue to generate very healthy matchday revenue on an average crowd of say 70,000 rather than the 75,000 they currently get.<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:56 pm --<br /><br />
squirtyflower said:
thanks for your input JM

i shall continue to have a contrary views if i wish, but in this case i haven't
but then again i have never accused anyone of being Fickle, dummy spitting turncoats if you decide enough's enough and walk away.
No you haven't, that was one of the views that was contrary to your own.

United had 23,000 empty seats in the Carling Cup quarters against Palace last season so they are not immune to attendances dropping further if they continue to overcharge for the League Cup games.

The TRUE Attendance of a club is when they have won nowt for at least 5 years we went 35 years and got gates of around 30k in 2nd div and sell outs in premier when Keegan took us up to premier! I remember the scum getting over 40k in the old 2nd div but let's see where it bottoms out too If they went only 5 years plus winning nowt then we would get a TRUE reflection on there loyalty....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.