United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
189517_405908039466660_1448205708_n.jpg

waspish said:
The TRUE Attendance of a club is when they have won nowt for at least 5 years we went 35 years and got gates of around 30k in 2nd div and sell outs in premier when Keegan took us up to premier! I remember the scum getting over 40k in the old 2nd div but let's see where it bottoms out too If they went only 5 years plus winning nowt then we would get a TRUE reflection on there loyalty....

I'm pretty sure that if United spent 5 years coming 3rd, and getting to KO's of CL, they'd get their 70k plus.

Look at Arsenal, nowt for 8 years, highest ticket prices by a MILE..
(min / max / average) for 2011
59,643 60,111 60,000

They have the least volatile attendances of anyone (max minus min = less than 500)
and that means that if they had a bigger stadium, they'd probably have an average greater than 60k easily. That's Arsenal, a club with far less supporters than United, and in London, which has far more polarising clubs (Tot/Chelsea to name a few).

Even the RAWKites have twigged that United are financially a behemoth, despite their debt. The amount of profits we earn, if they were all reinvested, would allow us to have transfer kitties 80 million quid greater than we do at the moment (Easily topping 100 million total, which is about your guys average net spent over the last 5-6 years), with another 20 million more for wages to support the more incoming players, and a little bit left over for other expenses, over and above what we spent now. That's without dipping into Uncle Malcolms pocket and still breaking even WITHOUT getting into CL KO's.

I think United are very lucky that they've gotten such a great manager in SAF, at the right time (When Sky came in), which allows it to be the best supported club, and biggest club in the world in terms of net worth, which allows it to 'carry' assholes like the Glazers who want to run LBOs left right and centre over it.

The revenue's not going to go away; it would take someone of Kenny Dalglish's stupidity to fuck it up from here - and even he wouldn't be tempted to turn a championship winning side that can actually buy players of Kagawa and Aguero's class (and expect them to stay), to spent 35 m on more average players. Even if someone fucked around for 5 years, the revenue's would still be there for someone to do a good job and bring us back up there; because the revenue deals would still kick ass. 560 million USD$ over 7 years for shirt sponsorship etc. They're not going to go away, maybe SAF will, and thatll pain the club, but with the transfer kitty we'll have assuming the Glazers don't ask for unreal dividends when the debt lowers ever further, we'll be able to directly compete with Chelsea / City / Real in the transfer market. A self perpetuating sugar daddy.

If FFP was implemented successfully, it's good for City fans that you've joined the elite before the buzzer, but it's even better for United's longevity because we'd be able to spit 100 million quid out net per summer, without batting an eyelid and STILL posting the highest profits of all the clubs in the world.

Donuts said:
waspish said:
The TRUE Attendance of a club is when they have won nowt for at least 5 years we went 35 years and got gates of around 30k in 2nd div and sell outs in premier when Keegan took us up to premier! I remember the scum getting over 40k in the old 2nd div but let's see where it bottoms out too If they went only 5 years plus winning nowt then we would get a TRUE reflection on there loyalty....

I'm pretty sure that if United spent 5 years coming 3rd, and getting to KO's of CL, they'd get their 70k plus.

Look at Arsenal, nowt for 8 years, highest ticket prices by a MILE..
(min / max / average) for 2011
59,643 60,111 60,000

They have the least volatile attendances of anyone (max minus min = less than 500)
and that means that if they had a bigger stadium, they'd probably have an average greater than 60k easily. That's Arsenal, a club with far less supporters than United, and in London, which has far more polarising clubs (Tot/Chelsea to name a few).

Even the RAWKites have twigged that United are financially a behemoth, despite their debt. The amount of profits we earn, if they were all reinvested, would allow us to have transfer kitties 80 million quid greater than we do at the moment (Easily topping 100 million total, which is about your guys average net spent over the last 5-6 years), with another 20 million more for wages to support the more incoming players, and a little bit left over for other expenses, over and above what we spent now. That's without dipping into Uncle Malcolms pocket and still breaking even WITHOUT getting into CL KO's.

I think United are very lucky that they've gotten such a great manager in SAF, at the right time (When Sky came in), which allows it to be the best supported club, and biggest club in the world in terms of net worth, which allows it to 'carry' assholes like the Glazers who want to run LBOs left right and centre over it.

The revenue's not going to go away; it would take someone of Kenny Dalglish's stupidity to fuck it up from here - and even he wouldn't be tempted to turn a championship winning side that can actually buy players of Kagawa and Aguero's class (and expect them to stay), to spent 35 m on more average players. Even if someone fucked around for 5 years, the revenue's would still be there for someone to do a good job and bring us back up there; because the revenue deals would still kick ass. 560 million USD$ over 7 years for shirt sponsorship etc. They're not going to go away, maybe SAF will, and thatll pain the club, but with the transfer kitty we'll have assuming the Glazers don't ask for unreal dividends when the debt lowers ever further, we'll be able to directly compete with Chelsea / City / Real in the transfer market. A self perpetuating sugar daddy.

If FFP was implemented successfully, it's good for City fans that you've joined the elite before the buzzer, but it's even better for United's longevity because we'd be able to spit 100 million quid out net per summer, without batting an eyelid and STILL posting the highest profits of all the clubs in the world.

Yep amortisation of the rags 12m net profit this year would would let em still spend big but while Glazers are still there around 30m will be there limit

squirtyflower said:
The Future's Blue said:
I do like the protectionism in this thread, it's enlightening at times.
and the pontification from across the globe, a joy to behold
Strange really, that they continue when there's not that many who really give a fuck.

LoveCity said:
United had 23,000 empty seats in the Carling Cup quarters against Palace last season so they are not immune to attendances dropping further if they continue to overcharge for the League Cup games.
Think this is a bit of a "glass half full or half empty" argument. There seems to be a bit of a modern phenomenon of counting empty seats rather than looking at actual attendances (I realise Utd probably started it with the 20,000 empty seats cracks) and a near obsession with sell out crowds. Whilst I actually like the league cup many fans don't, they consider it a "mickey mouse cup" and that's always gonna be reflected in attendances. In that context a crowd of around 53,000 is, imo, perfectly respectable. In fact I think Utd have only had one crowd of below 50,000 for a league cup tie since OT reached it's current capacity. I'm not sure that league cup gates should be used as a barometer of support. Guess we'll find out when Utd have a few barren years.<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:21 pm --<br /><br />
The Future's Blue said:
squirtyflower said:
The Future's Blue said:
I do like the protectionism in this thread, it's enlightening at times.
Strange really, that they continue when there's not that many who really give a fuck.
Thought that was the purpose of a forum?

JM Mcr said:
LoveCity said:
United had 23,000 empty seats in the Carling Cup quarters against Palace last season so they are not immune to attendances dropping further if they continue to overcharge for the League Cup games.
Think this is a bit of a "glass half full or half empty" argument. There seems to be a bit of a modern phenomenon of counting empty seats rather than looking at actual attendances (I realise Utd probably started it with the 20,000 empty seats cracks) and a near obsession with sell out crowds. Whilst I actually like the league cup many fans don't, they consider it a "mickey mouse cup" and that's always gonna be reflected in attendances. In that context a crowd of around 53,000 is, imo, perfectly respectable. In fact I think Utd have only had one crowd of below 50,000 for a league cup tie since OT reached it's current capacity. I'm not sure that league cup gates should be used as a barometer of support. Guess we'll find out when Utd have a few barren years.

-- Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:21 pm --

The Future's Blue said:
squirtyflower said:
Thought that was the purpose of a forum?
Very true but this isn't just a forum, is it?

Carry on though mate, as I said, enlightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.