United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
samharris said:
Papers comparing Zidane Cleverly to Fabregas after Englands win friday night..

Oh ffs..
It was actually the England manager who said it, not the media, and I think he was more talking about the role he wants him to play, rather than the level he's at now.

If you manage to read the full interview, giving the quotes context, it's not too OTT tho I agree there has been unrealistic hype about the guy over the last year or two.

"I suppose you would call him an attacking midfield player, but he's an attacking midfielder in the same way as Cesc Fabregas: He's quite capable of coming back into a central midfield role, and quite capable, even, of coming back to win the ball when it's necessary.

"It would be wrong to label what type of player he is: for me, he's just a good midfield player and he took a bit more responsibility in Moldova for getting closer to Defoe, allowing Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard to get on the ball in deeper positions where they are comfortable."

Fabregas's initial impact at Arsenal had been in central midfield, effectively as a deep-lying distributor, with his game developing further over time in the first-team as his attacking instincts steadily prevailed. Comparisons with the Spain international - such a technically gifted performer, and already a world and two-time European Championship winner - might feel premature with Cleverley still attempting to establish himself at Old Trafford.
<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:03 pm --<br /><br />
BlueAnorak said:
Don't forget Cleverly came through their youth system too!
("Their" meaning Bradford City BTW)
He joined Utd when he was 12 - think you're clutching at straws now...

hutton who blue said:
bluevengence said:
explodingBacon.JPG

Arrrff!!!! Destination Bluemoon. Rashers all round.

Just thought I'd brighten this page up with a bit of colour. A little decoration, a little enhancement perchance.

JM Mcr said:
samharris said:
Papers comparing Zidane Cleverly to Fabregas after Englands win friday night..

Oh ffs..
It was actually the England manager who said it, not the media, and I think he was more talking about the role he wants him to play, rather than the level he's at now.

If you manage to read the full interview, giving the quotes context, it's not too OTT tho I agree there has been unrealistic hype about the guy over the last year or two.

"I suppose you would call him an attacking midfield player, but he's an attacking midfielder in the same way as Cesc Fabregas: He's quite capable of coming back into a central midfield role, and quite capable, even, of coming back to win the ball when it's necessary.

"It would be wrong to label what type of player he is: for me, he's just a good midfield player and he took a bit more responsibility in Moldova for getting closer to Defoe, allowing Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard to get on the ball in deeper positions where they are comfortable."

Fabregas's initial impact at Arsenal had been in central midfield, effectively as a deep-lying distributor, with his game developing further over time in the first-team as his attacking instincts steadily prevailed. Comparisons with the Spain international - such a technically gifted performer, and already a world and two-time European Championship winner - might feel premature with Cleverley still attempting to establish himself at Old Trafford.

-- Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:03 pm --

BlueAnorak said:
He joined Utd when he was 12 - think you're clutching at straws now...

I dont understand how everyone bar some City fans think that Cleverly is a superstar in the making. If you look at his stats he has 0 goals for United, 0 goals for England U21 or England A. Thats 36 games and no goals , he scored 4 goals for Wigan in 25 games . I always thought that been a playmaker should included some goalscoring.

Cleverley is almost as overrated as Phil 'Duncan Edwards' Jones and Chicafuckingrito, and that's saying something. Can't wait to see him, Scholes and Carrick up against Yaya, Garcia and Barry. Should be fucking funny.

Cityfan1977 said:
BlueAnorak said:

I dont understand how everyone bar some City fans think that Cleverly is a superstar in the making. If you look at his stats he has 0 goals for United, 0 goals for England U21 or England A. Thats 36 games and no goals , he scored 4 goals for Wigan in 25 games . I always thought that been a playmaker should included some goalscoring.

Woa! where did I say that? I don't think he's a Superstar at all. We have 3 (possibly 4 with Sinclair) England players who are better than him in midfield.

JM Mcr said:
From my experience Cleavers they've charged full league prices for league cup games for several seasons now. I'm only aware of one occasion when they proposed to discount prices, in the 3rd round against Coventry around 5 years ago. Ironically it was blocked by Coventry who were confident they'd be able to sell their allocation at full price (they did, they brought over 11,000) and, being in the championship, presumably wanted to generate as much income as they could. Don't think the Coventry fans felt too ripped off either when they went on to win 2 nil!

Just have read a post on redcafe by United fan about that situation and he claims that the other club (he thinks it's crystal palace) released a statement saying United never offered them a discount price and if United did it they would accepted it.

Going down.

$12.46.

Unless something major happens, the pice will drop under $11 soon.

Don't you feel sorry for all those Yanks who believed the hype. :-)

Put it this way. Once this IPO goes tits up the Glazer's will struggle to sell 1% of United, nevermined another 10% in the future. Unless there's a longterm stalking horse of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.