United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UlsterCitizen said:
http://giveashare.com/stock.asp?buy=manchester-united-stock&gclid=CImrsbn4rbICFcYMfAodgioADw

****WARNING**** Do not open this link if you are easily offended, but I can tell you that the frame is worth 72 dollars and rising by the day

MAY YOUR FUTURE GROW
LIKE MANCHESTER UNITED STOCK
CONGRATS ON YOUR GRADUATION

Seems odd to congratulate someone for graduating by wishing them a slow, painful death.

UlsterCitizen said:
http://giveashare.com/stock.asp?buy=manchester-united-stock&gclid=CImrsbn4rbICFcYMfAodgioADw

****WARNING**** Do not open this link if you are easily offended, but I can tell you that the frame is worth 72 dollars and rising by the day
that's a bigger rip off than the shares

squirtyflower said:
UlsterCitizen said:

that's a bigger rip off than the shares
But as the share price drops the value of the frame goes up, or you could just go with the 40 dollar cardboard frame lol

MSP said:
JM Mcr said:
From my experience Cleavers they've charged full league prices for league cup games for several seasons now. I'm only aware of one occasion when they proposed to discount prices, in the 3rd round against Coventry around 5 years ago. Ironically it was blocked by Coventry who were confident they'd be able to sell their allocation at full price (they did, they brought over 11,000) and, being in the championship, presumably wanted to generate as much income as they could. Don't think the Coventry fans felt too ripped off either when they went on to win 2 nil!

Just have read a post on redcafe by United fan about that situation and he claims that the other club (he thinks it's crystal palace) released a statement saying United never offered them a discount price and if United did it they would accepted it.
Thanks mate, I've just had a read of that post. I thought it was Coventry as it was when league cup was part of auto cup scheme (which may have influenced the other clubs decision), Palace was a few years later.

Anyway I did a quick google search and found this, on StandUpSitDown forum,

Posted: Sep 4 2007, 09:34

Coventry have turned down Utds request for discounted Carling cup tickets. utds plan for a 33% price reduction was turned dwon as Coventry know the game will be a sell out doe to the Auto Cup Scheme. Coventry have requested 11,500 tickets

I honestly don't remember any later statement from Coventry saying Utd hadn't offered them a discount but, knowing Utd, it wouldn't surprise me if that was true.

At the end of the day it's irrelevant anyway cos I'm pretty sure if Utd wanted to discount tickets they could. Surely they don't HAVE to ask the away club for permission to REDUCE their own ticket prices (obviously I'd expect them to have to do so if they wanted to increase them). Either way I don't think Utd have discounted tickets since then so doesn't seem like too concerted an effort to help out fans.

There's really no excuse for them not to offer discounts, like nearly every other club, other than the sheer greed of the owners and I wasn't trying to defend the club's ticketing policy with regards to the league cup. Was purely trying to point out that they always charge league prices in the league cup, and hadn't just increased them for the Newcastle game (or wouldn't if they drew City in a later round) and I can't see them abandoning that policy as long as they continue to shift around 50,000 tickets for home ties.

The Glazers don't give a shit about fans, never have done and never will do.

JM Mcr said:
At the end of the day it's irrelevant anyway cos I'm pretty sure if Utd wanted to discount tickets they could. Surely they don't HAVE to ask the away club for permission to REDUCE their own ticket prices (obviously I'd expect them to have to do so if they wanted to increase them). Either way I don't think Utd have discounted tickets since then so doesn't seem like too concerted an effort to help out fans.
I think you'll find that the clubs have to come to some agreement on prices, especially if discounted, because the away club get a cut of the revenue, a lower league club for instance may want to maximise the prices so that they can get the most out of the gate receipts. Its certainly the case in the FA Cup that clubs need to agree on ticket price, and I'm sure the same is true in the league cup. I'm sure that at our semi a couple of years ago, City wanted to discount the first leg but the smaller club refused ;-)

UlsterCitizen said:

have you seen the plaques on the right

MAY YOUR FUTURE GROW
LIKE MANCHESTER UNITED STOCK
CONGRATS ON YOUR GRADUATION

hahahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.