United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
alky313 said:
Blue Haze said:
alky313 said:
What exactly is your Youtube post trying to prove? Considering Apple defeated the Zune... Leaving Cramer effectively right? To be honest analysts can be wrong but he understands basic business. And business with Man Utd is poor.

To show how crazy he is. He's taking a baseball bat to the Zune. Thought it was obvious.

Ah very well. Thought is was related to accuracy.
Your on blue moon

cleavers said:
I'm not really bothered if united charge the same price for the league cup as they do league games, its a sad inditement of the club for me (one of many), when its likely to be reserve teams on show.

I also think my point is valid, I would expect an increase in price for a later round especially if it was against us or say Liverpool, (unless its a 2 legged semi final when there has to be an agreement between clubs).

If there was then a boycott by the away team, united still have to pay the away club the gate receipts, regardless of how many tickets the away team sell, so if none of the gate receipts come from away fans, are effectively doubling their loss on away fans by charging stupid prices. I know its not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things, but I'm sure united would quickly get sick of paying the away club gate receipts, if no away fans turned up, especially if every club followed suit (however unlikely that is).
Sorry but you're wrong. UTD publish their ticket prices on their website for all games at the start of the season. League & FA cup ticket prices remain static throughout the season tho prices for champions league games increase progressively from the 1st knockout round onwards.

I agree that Utd's ticket pricing policy is an indictment on them, in fact I think most premier league clubs overcharge for tickets when you consider the revenues they're already raking in from tv and commercial deals (and then immediately passing on to already incredibly rich players) but that's another issue.

JM Mcr said:
Sorry but you're wrong. UTD publish their ticket prices on their website for all games at the start of the season. League & FA cup ticket prices remain static throughout the season tho prices for champions league games increase progressively from the 1st knockout round onwards.

I agree that Utd's ticket pricing policy is an indictment on them, in fact I think most premier league clubs overcharge for tickets when you consider the revenues they're already raking in from tv and commercial deals (and then immediately passing on to already incredibly rich players) but that's another issue.
Fair enough on the utd prices, if that's what they do, as I don't follow their ticket policy closely so I will have to concede that you're the expert. Tell me would they charge Barnet £45 as well ? Disgraceful if they would.

On the issue of the actual price for what will effectively be a reserve fixture, the Newcastle fans (and any other club for that matter) should boycott OT, even supported by their own club, but still take the gate receipts. Its the only way that some football clubs will learn that fans should not be shafted.

I agree with your statement that most premier league clubs overcharge for tickets. Until recently this one didn't, but it was obvious that with success, would come extortionate pricing, its not fully here yet but its well on the way if you don't hold a season ticket, and I fully expect season tickets to be the next target of "maximising revenue streams".

Football fans are their own worst enemy, because we keep taking it from behind from our own clubs, its time we started boycotting places that take the piss.

Wasn't it last season where a few facts came out about how United forced the price up because they weren't happy with our ticketing scheme?

Didn't we then fuck em off with their ticket allocation, in line with theirs?

Fuck em I say, regardless of what it is.

From my experience Cleavers they've charged full league prices for league cup games for several seasons now. I'm only aware of one occasion when they proposed to discount prices, in the 3rd round against Coventry around 5 years ago. Ironically it was blocked by Coventry who were confident they'd be able to sell their allocation at full price (they did, they brought over 11,000) and, being in the championship, presumably wanted to generate as much income as they could. Don't think the Coventry fans felt too ripped off either when they went on to win 2 nil!

Malty said:
Is this baconface's last season? he can't go on forever..

He isn't going to last the full Season.

Going in January after Scum lose away at Blackpool 2- 0 in the 3rd round of the FA Cup whilst lying fifth in the Premiership.

Malty said:

If we beat united to the title then I have a feeling he'll retire.

I think last season proved to him how much he's dragging this while united thing out. United rarely have a trophyless season if they have another this season it will be the first time in over 20 years they've had back to back trophyless seasons and could spell the end of an era for Ferguson!

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Malty said:

If we beat united to the title then I have a feeling he'll retire.

I think last season proved to him how much he's dragging this while united thing out. United rarely have a trophyless season if they have another this season it will be the first time in over 20 years they've had back to back trophyless seasons and could spell the end of an era for Ferguson!

That scenario could make him more determined to carry on, his vanity could be the death of him.

Baconface on the piss at the tennis. Andy Murray was heard telling his mother, "you smell of wine." She pointed at Slur Alex and said, "he made me have wine.". Bullying middle aged women to go on the piss with him. Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.