United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vienna_70 said:
Times is hard at the swamp.

I've been delivering promotional material from the filth trying to drum up business for the barcodes in the League Cup and another night match - I forget which one, I didn't pay much attention - with something along the lines of, "Night matches are magical".
Galatasaray?

cleavers said:
JM Mcr said:
At the end of the day it's irrelevant anyway cos I'm pretty sure if Utd wanted to discount tickets they could. Surely they don't HAVE to ask the away club for permission to REDUCE their own ticket prices (obviously I'd expect them to have to do so if they wanted to increase them). Either way I don't think Utd have discounted tickets since then so doesn't seem like too concerted an effort to help out fans.
I think you'll find that the clubs have to come to some agreement on prices, especially if discounted,because the away club get a cut of the revenue, a lower league club for instance may want to maximise the prices so that they can get the most out of the gate receipts. Its certainly the case in the FA Cup that clubs need to agree on ticket price, and I'm sure the same is true in the league cup. I'm sure that at our semi a couple of years ago, City wanted to discount the first leg but the smaller club refused ;-)
So, to play devils advocate, it's possible that Utd have been prepared to discount tickets on more than one occasion but the away club have refused as they know Utd will attract a large gate either way?

Guess we'll never know now but perhaps, for once, the moral outrage aimed at Utd (in this case over lge cup ticket prices) is not wholly merited?

Not gonna hold my breath for a deluge of affirmative replies here lol

Vienna_70 said:
Times is hard at the swamp.

I've been delivering promotional material from the filth trying to drum up business for the barcodes in the League Cup and another night match - I forget which one, I didn't pay much attention - with something along the lines of, "Night matches are magical".

Got one of these in the post for the Mrs (think it was regarding both games you mentioned), I read it and it did seem a tad desperate and needy, but having said that, she's bought me stuff from City and gets inundated with emails with similar messages as a result, so I guess they're not the only ones pushing games.

i suspect they will have more there against newcastle than we will against villa so its a bit of a daft thing to try and take the piss with really

uwerosler28 said:
i suspect they will have more there against newcastle than we will against villa so its a bit of a daft thing to try and take the piss with really

Why?? It's not our fault that Newcastle are a better supported side than Villa!

Only kiddin.

uwerosler28 said:
We're not the club with the anthem about 20,000 empty seats and 101 other songs about how little their rivals are though.

Exactly, they are obsessed with our 'empty seats' when they're the club that has 20,000 empty seats more often than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.