United thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
United Buying Success Under Moyes

Remember, we've always been told that United don't buy success, they nurture success through their training academy. ;-)

Let's see if Davy keeps this tradition going under his tenure.

To date.

Marouane Fellaini - £27mill
Juan Mata - £37mill

The next player off the United training academy production line?

Manchester United William Carvalho deal: Fee of £37million agreed - move to take place after World Cup

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-william-carvalho-deal-3273687#ixzz2wmvldfG1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z2wmvldfG1</a>
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Tuesday night won't be the walkover people think it will be. I just hope the players go into it with a do or die attitude and don't take Uniteds position the sane as they did against Wigan, Villa, Cardiff, we need to finish it before half time and don't let even look as though thy have a chance. Play to our full potential and we should win easily but is a derby and ask any scum fan about the many times we turned them over when we were underdogs.

poyntonblue said:
Shit keeping...

Seriously, I thought that. He panicked. Should never take your eye off the ball.
That's why he lost his bearings.<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm --<br /><br />
Blue Maverick said:
Tuesday night won't be the walkover people think it will be. I just hope the players go into it with a do or die attitude and don't take Uniteds position the sane as they did against Wigan, Villa, Cardiff, we need to finish it before half time and don't let even look as though thy have a chance. Play to our full potential and we should win easily but is a derby and ask any scum fan about the many times we turned them over when we were underdogs.

As I said in another thread. We had fight. They don't have it in 'em. They've never needed it recently.

de niro said:
mat said:
poyntonblue said:
Shit keeping...
i thought the same he was miles the other side of the goal.

he was, terrible keeping, full marks to the granny shagger though for spotting that.

Yeah good spot from him but if the keeper just runs backwards instead of turning his back he'd have kept the flight of the ball and caught/parried it.

A lot of better attempts from that far out by other players.

Credit to the granny shagger for taking his chance. It was a very good goal, even if the media are a bit too giddy about it.
Think on though... As nauseating as the circle jerking over it in the Press Box is today, thank fuck it's today we're waking up to it and not next Wednesday morning.

So far their season has been one of boom and bust. Right now, we're at the crescendo of a boom. I feel a bust coming on (ooh matron!).
Cc'mon City! Let's have this lot.

lancs blue said:
mad4city said:
pudge said:
MOTD say 54 yards, who to believe..

MOTD definitely. Famously, the pitch at Upton Pk is actually 124 yds long and their statistic would agree with that.

I thought all PL pitches had to be a standard size now, 105m long = 114 yds. So the far edge of the centre circle would be around 47 yards out from goal.

True
However some clubs in the prem have special dispensation because they can't meet the rule.
West Ham are one such club
Their pitch is smaller at 100.56 metres long!

It's all in the prem handbook here
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publications/handbooks/premier-league-handbook-2013-14.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.premierleague.com/content/da ... 013-14.pdf</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.