United thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
paulchapo said:
Now i normally think MOTD is crap but watching the rag highlights on there Saturday night was a joy.The camera panned to the stands.Fans covering their eyes,kids crying and the commentator said,''Some of these fans will never have seen this in their lifetime,two home losses on the bounce,they are usually only used to winning and success here!''Fucking brilliant and no way will or would they have stayed loyal like us for 35 years if they had to put up with that and much worse like we did!Let's pray we get to find out eh?

I seen a crowd shot,it was about 88 minute in the game,they were all waving and smiling to the camera....about to lose a 2nd home game on the trot and they are waving and smiling to the camera.

The writing was on the wall in the summer, some opted to dispel it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2013/07/why-david-moyes-has-inherited-an-impossible-job/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2013/07 ... sible-job/</a>

From todays presser Moyes is saying the Newcastle game "raised his spirits".

Maybe misquoted and it drove him to spirits.

SPIDERBOY said:
paulchapo said:
Now i normally think MOTD is crap but watching the rag highlights on there Saturday night was a joy.The camera panned to the stands.Fans covering their eyes,kids crying and the commentator said,''Some of these fans will never have seen this in their lifetime,two home losses on the bounce,they are usually only used to winning and success here!''Fucking brilliant and no way will or would they have stayed loyal like us for 35 years if they had to put up with that and much worse like we did!Let's pray we get to find out eh?

I seen a crowd shot,it was about 88 minute in the game,they were all waving and smiling to the camera....about to lose a 2nd home game on the trot and they are waving and smiling to the camera.

That would be the tourists there to enjoy the day out.I remember last season's derby when rughead scored and slid towards our stand.On the tv afterwards there are a group of excited Japanese toursist snapping away smiling with their camera.

SPIDERBOY said:
paulchapo said:

There was a moment, when they were trailing, where Van Persie ran to a hoarding to collect the ball for a throw in. Instantly, the grinning, middle-aged twat in a Santa hat, who was sat behind that hoarding, whipped out his camera to preserve one of those "unforgettable Old Trafford moments".
Sweet Baby Jebus...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/09/manchester-united-wesley-sneijder-galatasaray" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... alatasaray</a>

Rags considering a January move for Wesley Sneijder according to Jackson at the Guardian.

No mention of Mancini.

Shirley said:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/09/manchester-united-wesley-sneijder-galatasaray

Rags considering a January move for Wesley Sneijder according to Jackson at the Guardian.

No mention of Mancini.
Don't think Bob would go there Shirley. ;-)

A move for Sneijder you say? Didn't see that coming.

spongebob123 said:
I feel for Moyes; he's in an impossible job. It's been said before but I mean it in another way, not the problem of living up to whisky nose's fame, but the resulting effect of his success and the fact he is still relatively in charge at united on the board.

It's likely they are wanting the team to carry on playing the same way because that's how they've won for so long; they won't want to change a winning formula. Problem is Moyes is a different person and there doesn't seem to be much of the old management there to continue the style of play.

It's fitting that he's saying he can't change much, as he wanted to on the pitch to bring RVP off, but couldn't because of crying fans.

It's an impossible job that no manager will want to take if they were to oust Moyes - a problem of their own creating. They need to let it be known the incoming managers have full reign, as a spectator, and a non-fan, it certainly doesn't look a comfortable arrangement for any manager to work there.

Who are better managers? On the theme of a previous comment saying motivation is the key, who better now than the man currently in charge at Everton, Martinez, he's one hell of a manager I'm coming to respect more and more. He won't want to join United, he's having a ball at Everton at the moment and isn't known for jumping ships quickly.

United are likely to be a midtable team for many seasons to come until they bring in a highly talented long term manager and given the freedom he needs. My guess is they will struggle with Moyes for 1-3 seasons whilst keeping an eye on replacing him with someone of fame or a young prospect, they won't want to fuck it up twice will they?

"I feel for Moyes" are you sure remember he is chosen one.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Shirley said:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/09/manchester-united-wesley-sneijder-galatasaray

No mention of Mancini.
Don't think Bob would go there Shirley. ;-)

A move for Sneijder you say? Didn't see that coming.

To be honest,a mate of mine runs one of the academy teams at the rags..he told me(can't remember if it was in the summer or January) that Wesley boy was real close to signing for them,and they even started a print run on shirts...he pulled out at the last minute,for reasons unknown to my mate.....someone quoted my post saying they heard the same thing......if it's true can't see Wesley turning up there myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.