United thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
MEN really going for the Rag jugular today. :-)

Cost of failure haunts United

9 Dec 2013 11:24

Failure to qualify for the Champions League will cost Manchester United tens of millions.

Who is Davy trying to kid?

Moyes insists Newcastle defeat has 'raised spirits'

9 Dec 2013 14:20

David Moyes insists United's defeat to Newcastle has 'raised his spirits' ahead of Champions League clash with Shakhtar Donetsk.

United facing a battle to keep hold of RVP

9 Dec 2013 11:29

Reports in Spain claim Barcelona are ready to tempt United to sell Robin van Persie with a £40m offer for the Dutch striker.

Keane: Fergie 'still striving' for power at United

9 Dec 2013 13:14

Former Manchester United skipper Roy Keane has said Sir Alex Ferguson is still trying to exert "control and power" at Manchester United as their war of words continues

United could get rid of ten players this January - who would you sell?

9 Dec 2013 14:52

With our Footsie index, you can choose who you want to get rid of at the club and how big a transfer fee they'd command.

jrb said:
MEN really going for the Rag jugular today. :-)

Cost of failure haunts United

9 Dec 2013 11:24

Failure to qualify for the Champions League will cost Manchester United tens of millions.

Who is Davy trying to kid?

Moyes insists Newcastle defeat has 'raised spirits'

9 Dec 2013 14:20

David Moyes insists United's defeat to Newcastle has 'raised his spirits' ahead of Champions League clash with Shakhtar Donetsk.

United facing a battle to keep hold of RVP

9 Dec 2013 11:29

Reports in Spain claim Barcelona are ready to tempt United to sell Robin van Persie with a £40m offer for the Dutch striker.

Keane: Fergie 'still striving' for power at United

9 Dec 2013 13:14

Former Manchester United skipper Roy Keane has said Sir Alex Ferguson is still trying to exert "control and power" at Manchester United as their war of words continues

United could get rid of ten players this January - who would you sell?

9 Dec 2013 14:52

With our Footsie index, you can choose who you want to get rid of at the club and how big a transfer fee they'd command.

Game,set and match to oakie.You have finally succumbed to my way of thinking ref the dear old MCEN. ;)

stony said:
Redcafe is comedy gold at the moment. They're having a pop at the loan system now and saying it's a disgrace that Everton have been able to get Barry and Lukaku.

They really are bonkers,a quote from their"moyes so far"thread.....

You're overreacting to some terrible months under a manager who looks a bit clueless.

We have vidic, Rooney, rvp and Carrick as top players ( Carrick's best a level below bit still). De gea seems to be sure to get there as is Rafael if he can keep fit.

Who do City have? Aguero, kompany and toure? Zabaleta?

There's no team in the premierleague which has many more top players than us and only city's squad is as strong as ours IMO with Chelsea probably slightly inferior.

SPIDERBOY said:
stony said:
Redcafe is comedy gold at the moment. They're having a pop at the loan system now and saying it's a disgrace that Everton have been able to get Barry and Lukaku.

You're overreacting to some terrible months under a manager who looks a bit clueless.

We have vidic, Rooney, rvp and Carrick as top players ( Carrick's best a level below bit still). De gea seems to be sure to get there as is Rafael if he can keep fit.

There's no team in the premierleague which has many more top players than us and only city's squad is as strong as ours IMO with Chelsea probably slightly inferior.

they are very funny people.

SPIDERBOY said:
stony said:

Hahahaa.Fooking bell ends aren`t they.The thing is some of them seriously believe it !!

SPIDERBOY said:
stony said:

That is brilliant. No way he was being serious.

adrianr said:
SPIDERBOY said:
stony said:

That is brilliant. No way he was being serious.

Page 215 on their thread....it's funny as fuck

Good to see the **** keane sticking the knife in.... <a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/09/roy-keane-alex-ferguson-massive-ego" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... assive-ego</a>

Roy Keane believes Sir Alex Ferguson is still trying to exert "control and power" at Manchester United despite retiring as manager in the summer. The Irishman, who was Ferguson's midfield driving force for the club between 1993 and 2005, says the Scot has a "massive ego" and rated his former boss at Nottingham Forest, Brian Clough, as the best manager he had worked with.

United have endured a difficult start to life under Ferguson's successor David Moyes, having lost three Premier League games at Old Trafford already this season to sit ninth in the table.

Keane said of Ferguson, now a director at United: "Everything is about control and power. He's still striving for it now even though he's not manager. There's massive ego involved in that."

Keane, who left United in 2005 after a fall-out with Ferguson, was speaking in an ITV4 documentary called Keane and Vieira: The Best of Enemies which airs on Tuesday night concerning his rivalry with the former Arsenal captain Patrick Vieira.

He said that his relationship with the former United manager is now "non-existent". The Irishman even took issue with Ferguson praising him in his recently released autobiography for "covering every blade of grass" in the 1999 Champions League semi-final second leg against Juventus.

Keane added: "Stuff like that almost insults me. I get offended when people give quotes like that about me. It's like praising the postman for delivering letters."

Keane admitted he had cried in his car when his United career came to an abrupt end over a candid interview he gave to the club's in-house television station criticising his team-mates. He said: "Of course I was upset: I did shed a few tears in my car for about two minutes. But I also told myself I had to get on with my life. I walked out with nothing, I had no club lined up and I was injured.

"I told David Gill I had been injured playing for Man United. I could have played for Manchester United easily for another couple of years."

Keane laughed off the furore surrounding the infamous MUTV interview and said he felt the row between Ferguson and then club director John Magnier over the stud rights to racehorse Rock of Gibraltar had to have had a "negative effect" on the club.

Keane said: "I managed the dressing room: that was my job. If people didn't think [the Rock of Gibraltar row] had a negative effect on the club then they are in cuckoo land."

Keane said Ferguson's strongest trait was his "ruthlessness", while labelling "loyalty" his biggest weakness. And now Ferguson has retired, Keane revealed he and his son have season tickets at Old Trafford.

Go here

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/threads/moyes-so-far.373984/page-215" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/threads/moyes-so ... 4/page-215</a>

6 minutes ago #8589
Raees
amolbhatia100 said: ↑
Silva? What's he done to be a top player? He's been a "top" player just a tad longer than Nani ffs.

Okay let's do a proper comparison.

Goalkeepers:
We have dea gea and they have that fecking pantomime fella.

Defence:
Kompany is better than anyone we have. Vidic if fit consistently is better IMO but kompany is better right now.

There's not much in the rest of the defences except we have better depth.

Central midfield:
City are ahead here. Their best player (toure) is better than ours as is their second best better than ours.

Wide midfield:
It's close here. In terms of ability, we are every bit as good. Nani, Valencia, Januzaj and Kagawa is every bit as good as navas, silva, nasri and Milner. I think the "way" we play, I.e the style of football doesn't actual help our wide midfielders (other than Valencia who still does fuck all with it).

I'd rather have ours.

Strikers:
Aguero is probably in better form than ours, but our overall strength upfront is much stronger than city's. Hernandez and welbeck as third and fourth strikers is crazy good.

All in all, I think the biggest difference between us and city, or us and Chelsea isn't the squad, but how the team plays. If we start shifting away from this shit on a stick, fuck fluidity and nice passing, crossing hooray football, you'll see how god this squad is.
I agree on paper.. Goalkeeper, Defence, Wings, Up front.. we are better.. I mean any team would pray to have Nani and Januzaj out wide with Rafael at full back.. yet we're clearly not getting anything out of them and I don't blame the players here. Our defenders have to work harder than defenders in other teams purely because the shiteness of the midfield means they have to deal with more attacks and they don't have an easy option to pass too. Likewise our forward players have to operate deeper and on scraps because there isn't a constant supply of possession on which to feed on.

Sort out the midfield!
5 minutes ago

ffs they must be on drugs...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.