United thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kipax72 said:
Watching game today in village pub in Glocestershire three others in cheering for Arsenal. When the fourth went in turned out they were Rags. Started with the stage whispers, look at all the empty seats, must be bad for all the city fans buying the league, team of individuals/ mercenaries. Just drank my beer and smiled. Wound them up even more.

That's the way ....just leave them to it ,it makes them feel better ....bless

Quite complimentary about us over at the cafe today.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/threads/premier-league-weekend-14-15-december.380841/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/threads/premier- ... er.380841/</a>

Even though they think Atkinson is a shocking homer of a ref. Ironic when you think back to those infamous 7 minutes at the Sty!

jimharri said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/threads/premier-league-weekend-14-15-december.380841/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/threads/premier- ... er.380841/</a>

Even though they think Atkinson is a shocking homer of a ref. Ironic when you think back to those infamous 7 minutes at the Sty!

Atkinson was in Arsenal's back pocket all day, the only thing he didn't give was the penner!

jimharri said:

Good to read that some of the manure fans actually realise just how good we are : )

some of the best quotes:

City are absolutely brilliant. 5-2

That 4-1 isn't looking too bad eh?

kouroux said: ↑
Fernandinho has been a great buy for them
I remember when the Caf joked with that signing and we said that it was way expensive. Only to sign Fellaini for around the same fee weeks later.

TFC said:
nedums noodles said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
One rule I've always tried to live by in life is that if you dish it out, then you should be able to take it. From someone who spends a lot of time taking the piss out of others, for me it's important not to take myself too seriously all of the time.

In the years ahead, if events unfold as I hope and increasingly expect, it is a mantra that united fans should try and emulate as much as possible.

I remember hearing that a significant number of united fans were in the Luton end when we were relegated in '83 notwithstanding the fact that their club were playing the same day. That seemed to mark the beginning of nearly three decades of, at times, highly puerile derision, gloating and scorn at our expense.

united fans ringing phone-ins pretending to be blues affecting gratuitous use of the word "massive"; songs about Curly Watts and floodlights; dismissive talk about 'Noisy Neighbours' and a 'small club with a small mentality'; united players refusing to refer to us by name - claiming as they comically still do that Liverpool was, is, their big game; the club endorsed banner which was a byword for a complete absence of grace and dare I say it, class; their fans organising a party to mark our 30 years without a trophy.

All these things were there to serve the purpose of self-amusement, but they were also designed to act as a means of asserting a sense of superiority over us. A snidely way of reminding us about who, in their eyes, was boss.

These are things that I took issue with at the time, but largely took on the chin. I hoped and prayed that the dynamics would change, but in my heart I never thought that was anything other than a fantasy.

And now we find ourselves on the cusp of the boot being on the other foot, at least to some extent. If things continue to develop as they have in recent months I will do my utmost not to descend into the same petty, bitter, small time antics that united fans did for all those years, but equally I will never forget the vindictive way we were spoken of and to, by many united fans merely for supporting our club.

On that basis, they shouldn't expect anything other than an uncomfortable ride from me and many other blues and if they have any character about them, it is something they should accept with a degree of good grace and humility that was all too missing when they assumed we'd always be second best.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.
post of the year.

Motherfucking +1, very, very well said blue :)

GDM at his finest! :-)

One rule I've always tried to live by in life is that if you dish it out, then you should be able to take it. From someone who spends a lot of time taking the piss out of others, for me it's important not to take myself too seriously all of the time.

In the years ahead, if events unfold as I hope and increasingly expect, it is a mantra that united fans should try and emulate as much as possible.

I remember hearing that a significant number of united fans were in the Luton end when we were relegated in '83 notwithstanding the fact that their club were playing the same day. That seemed to mark the beginning of nearly three decades of, at times, highly puerile derision, gloating and scorn at our expense.

united fans ringing phone-ins pretending to be blues affecting gratuitous use of the word "massive"; songs about Curly Watts and floodlights; dismissive talk about 'Noisy Neighbours' and a 'small club with a small mentality'; united players refusing to refer to us by name - claiming as they comically still do that Liverpool was, is, their big game; the club endorsed banner which was a byword for a complete absence of grace and dare I say it, class; their fans organising a party to mark our 30 years without a trophy.

All these things were there to serve the purpose of self-amusement, but they were also designed to act as a means of asserting a sense of superiority over us. A snidely way of reminding us about who, in their eyes, was boss.

These are things that I took issue with at the time, but largely took on the chin. I hoped and prayed that the dynamics would change, but in my heart I never thought that was anything other than a fantasy.

And now we find ourselves on the cusp of the boot being on the other foot, at least to some extent. If things continue to develop as they have in recent months I will do my utmost not to descend into the same petty, bitter, small time antics that united fans did for all those years, but equally I will never forget the vindictive way we were spoken of and to, by many united fans merely for supporting our club.

On that basis, they shouldn't expect anything other than an uncomfortable ride from me and many other blues and if they have any character about them, it is something they should accept with a degree of good grace and humility that was all too missing when they assumed we'd always be second best.

The big...and I mean BIG difference between us and them is that through all our dark days we were loud and proud City fans, we didnt turn from our club when relegated, we didnt keep a low profile when in the 3rd division..

Fuck me these coonts cant even take being 9th in the table ffs.. we have suicides and fans ditching the shirt on youtube..

Those United fans who dont stick with their team are not supporters, they are gloryhunting pricks who need success to fulfill their lives and when that success isnt forthcoming they show the world for what they really are..

fucking losers!!

samharris said:

The big...and I mean BIG difference between us and them is that through all our dark days we were loud and proud City fans, we didnt turn from our club when relegated, we didnt keep a low profile when in the 3rd division..

Fuck me these coonts cant even take being 9th in the table ffs.. we have suicides and fans ditching the shirt on youtube..

Those United fans who dont stick with their team are not supporters, they are gloryhunting pricks who need success to fulfill their lives and when that success isnt forthcoming they show the world for what they really are..

fucking losers!!

2 posts I wish I'd written......alas I'm a bit fick

jimharri said:

Just read every page! More positive about City than many Blues on here ha ha ha

Really funny how they are saying stuff like ''Moyes did well to only conceed four..........''

One said that Aguero had done nothing second half!

Less likely perhaps but an implosion tomorrow will push them to 11th place, if Aston Villa wins by 3 goals and Swansea wins their game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.