United thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
the shite that sky sports news is coming out with over the Mata rumour is comical. James Cooper and that transfer bloke were saying how far away a deal is, although at the same time clutching at straws saying everything is in place for it to happen, then it switches back to the presenter who says 'United perhaps are closing in on Mata'

the desperation in their reporting, trying to please the masses, is hilarious

What you guys think of Rags being in Europa League?

I was thinking in work today, I'd love to smash the rags in the final of the C1C, but that would mean, no matter the outcome, they'd be in the Europa league. This got me thinking, would I want that or not?

them being out of Europe full stop has loads of benefits in that it would be a total failure by Moyes and the club, but also a huge drop in share price, and value of their sponsorship deals. However this would mean they'd have no Europe games next seasons and a better chance in the league.

Having said that if they were in Europe, they'd probably do OK for a while and have to play many obscure away games in all areas of Europe then have to come back and play in the league knackered. Which could in turn make next seasons even more of a failure in the league.

Which is best?!?!

Goo said:

I was thinking in work today, I'd love to smash the rags in the final of the C1C, but that would mean, no matter the outcome, they'd be in the Europa league. This got me thinking, would I want that or not?

them being out of Europe full stop has loads of benefits in that it would be a total failure by Moyes and the club, but also a huge drop in share price, and value of their sponsorship deals. However this would mean they'd have no Europe games next seasons and a better chance in the league.

Having said that if they were in Europe, they'd probably do OK for a while and have to play many obscure away games in all areas of Europe then have to come back and play in the league knackered. Which could in turn make next seasons even more of a failure in the league.

Which is best?!?!
I'll help you out there!
the losing finalists of the COC dont get a EL place, that only transfers in the FA cup.
So if they go through tonight, we stand between them and Europe :)

aguero93:20 said:
Goo said:

Which is best?!?!
I'll help you out there!
the losing finalists of the COC dont get a EL place, that only transfers in the FA cup.
Yeah this. However if they only manage to make Europa that would be good anyway. They'd have to do the travel, play on Thursday nights, etc,. Plus, we'd also see how shit their support really is as I doubt they'd sell anywhere near a full gate in the Europa games.

Goo said:

Which is best?!?!

Get them out of Europe.
Get them out of the Premiership.
Get them in the hands of the receivers.
Turn $old Trafford into a petting zoo.

Joycee Banercheck said:
Goo said:

Which is best?!?!
I'll help you out there!
Yeah this. However if they only manage to make Europa that would be good anyway. They'd have to do the travel, play on Thursday nights, etc,. Plus, we'd also see how shit their support really is as I doubt they'd sell anywhere near a full gate in the Europa games.
Don't they force SC holders to purchase tickets for European games as well? that speaks volumes about their support already.

Joycee Banercheck said:
I'll help you out there!
Don't they force SC holders to purchase tickets for European games as well? that speaks volumes about their support already.
Not too sure as there are only about three rag fans that I know of that can hold a decent conversation about football. I suspect you're right though. SO I'm going to change my mind and vote for Fetlocks' scenario.

Goo said:

Which is best?!?!
I'll help you out there!

Cheers mate.

that does change things quite considerably then. When is the final? Will it be sufficiently far into the season they they'll know it's make or break with regards to Europe with them (should they get into the final that is)?

Joycee Banercheck said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
Not too sure as there are only about three rag fans that I know of that can hold a decent conversation about football. I suspect you're right though. SO I'm going to change my mind and vote for Fetlocks' scenario.
Definitely for the best, after all, they're not even our big game ;)<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:52 pm --<br /><br />
Goo said:
Goo said:

Which is best?!?!
I'll help you out there!

Cheers mate.

that does change things quite considerably then. When is the final? Will it be sufficiently far into the season they they'll know it's make or break with regards to Europe with them (should they get into the final that is)?
nah 1st march, the media might still be telling them they can win battle for 4th at that stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.