United Thread 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bitsmith said:
I'd be very, very, very pissed off if they get top 4. We should be ashamed to only be 5 points above that load of crap.

True, but we have been as bad at times this season in my opinion.

sam-caddick said:
bitsmith said:
I'd be very, very, very pissed off if they get top 4. We should be ashamed to only be 5 points above that load of crap.

True, but we have been as bad at times this season in my opinion.

Yeah, hence the shame part, as we are too good for that.

aguero93:20 said:
bluechampion7891 said:
City_Sean said:
Cant wait for them to miss out on the top four at the end of the year. Financially it will cripple them.

I dont know about that. They are probably getting a delta of around 30-40 million with their new Adidas deal, I am assuming that Europa will allow them to get at least a third of what they used to get for the CL attendances. SO they will probably be better off next season compared to the current one. Unless they have their debt called, in which case yeah they'll be in big trouble

What is more important is that their missing on CL will mean that we are closer to parity in terms of revenue to them (new deals this season plus greater CL money)

They'll get fuck all extra from the Adidas deal if they aren't playing Champions League football.

When I say Delta I mean a delta compared to their existing deal which I think is between 45-50M per year

No, they will get less than 75M if they fail to qualify for the CL for the 16-17 season

sam-caddick said:
United will still have a huge coefficient as they will have only been out a season.

Pot one still, easily.
Only winners of top leagues get seeding from next season I thought.

wilky2868 said:
out of curiosity, if they did indeed manage to cling on to 4th spot and qualify for next seasons corrupt, i mean champions league, which pot would they go into??

not a pot but staright to the final just in case.

lastmanback said:
sam-caddick said:
United will still have a huge coefficient as they will have only been out a season.

Pot one still, easily.
Only winners of top leagues get seeding from next season I thought.
I thought so too, but not sure if it has been passed. I think this is going to backfire on the bigger European clubs. Either way United will be in pot 2 and maybe pot 3 depending on who wins the leagues and who qualifies.

At the moment it looks like Chelsea, Juventus, Barcelona/Madrid, Bayern, Benfica, PSG and Zenith and one other probably Barcelona/Madrid will be top seeds.

After that Atletico, Schalke, Arsenal and Porto are ahead of them. Dortmund could surpass them, but probably won't qualify. Also a chance that Schalke and Arsenal don't qualify, but find it unlikely.

de niro said:
wilky2868 said:
out of curiosity, if they did indeed manage to cling on to 4th spot and qualify for next seasons corrupt, i mean champions league, which pot would they go into??

not a pot but staright to the final just in case.
agreed mate, despite failing to qualify from the group, getting dicked home and away in the last 16, losing both legs in the quarter and semi final, our french friend will see that they get to the final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.