United Thread 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vienna_70 said:
smudgedj said:
jimharri said:
TT charged by the FA for his post match comments last night, according to Twatter. What did he say then (didn't see any of the game last night; not that interesting, see?).

Yes just seen that - so what's he said? Anyone?

Just seen this on the BBC:

Louis van Gaal has been charged by the Football Association over comments he made to the media after Manchester United's FA Cup fourth-round match against Cambridge United.
The FA charge states the manager's words "allege and/or imply bias on the part of the match referee and/or bring the game into disrepute".
The Dutchman has until 18:00 GMT on 9 February to respond to the charge.
The match at Abbey Stadium on 23 January ended in a goalless draw.
The Premier League side beat Cambridge 3-0 in the fourth-round replay at Old Trafford on Tuesday.
Van Gaal had questioned the integrity of referee Chris Foy after the first tie against the League Two side, saying "every aspect of a match is against us - the pitch, the referee".

More to follow.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31138539" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31138539</a>
My mistake; I thought it was something he came out with last night.

Paper never refused ink, of course but that report, regardless of its veracity, will come as a right kick in the goodies to United's marketing team. To lose practically a fifth of their overseas support after just one mid-table season, is enormous. (By their own stats that's roughly 100m supporters).
No doubt, it won't be mentioned in their next share prospectus nor Edward Woodward's Power Point presentation to their next obscure coperate partners but these hedge funds and foreign conglomerates aren't fools. They'll be doing their own homework too.
For years now, we've been taunting them with "tick tock!", well this report is more of a warning siren than that.
If ever proof were needed regarding the vulnerability of their brand and that this is a pivotal year for them... But hey, what do we Blues know about it? It's our foundations that are built on sand... Isn't it?

inchy14 said:
It's from the first game not the replay, blamed the ref and everyone else that they hadn't won.

Blaming referees. Of course nothing said when boxing day at home to Newcastle, score 0-0 , Newcastle had blatant penalty not given, or at Stoke when Oliver didn't give a blatant handball or how many of their goals have been offside but allowed, like the 1st one the other day v Leicester. but of course they are up against referees all the time

r.soleofsalford said:
manimanc said:
Had the plastic rag texting me all night last night, couldn't hide his joy at beating ickle Cambridge, the same rag who didn't text when Southampton beat them and the same rag who didn't text when they drew with Cambridge...
He still hasn't been to a match this season, he's your typical gobshite utd fan....
And as a side note, I see shite sports news are running the "1 defeat in 16" bollocks already... I just don't get it, this wankfest and blowing smoke up utds arse, I really don't get it!!
#

you should put his mobile number on here so we can all take the piss

if you do i'll have to edit out.

*looks away*

Bloke at work took his little lad last night and said he couldn't believe it when they all started leaving with ten minutes left. - At least our fire drill is on 85 minutes.

de niro said:
r.soleofsalford said:
manimanc said:
Had the plastic rag texting me all night last night, couldn't hide his joy at beating ickle Cambridge, the same rag who didn't text when Southampton beat them and the same rag who didn't text when they drew with Cambridge...
He still hasn't been to a match this season, he's your typical gobshite utd fan....
And as a side note, I see shite sports news are running the "1 defeat in 16" bollocks already... I just don't get it, this wankfest and blowing smoke up utds arse, I really don't get it!!
#

you should put his mobile number on here so we can all take the piss

if you do i'll have to edit out.

oh bugger

*looks away*

Hmmmm mutant turtle charged for comments made that even we didn't really notice after all the stuff old bacon got away with its either a welcome shift in policy of the FA showing how weak the rags are becoming or perhsps Gill on holiday.

d27363aa7d24e7a51bea96a3599af86b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.