United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
ama2a4a4.jpg

paulchapo said:
Like it or lump it they will be right in the mix again next season.Moyes was never the right fit there,maybe 30 years ago he would have been just like Ferguson but the game and players have moved on.He never had the confidence of the dressing room but the new man is a different propersition.

With some quality signings and no European distractions people would be mad to write them off.

Our first team and squad is better at the moment if we can hang on to and keep our best players fit and replace some lesser squad members with better quality we should keep them at arms length.

Yep I always expect the rags to win it. Makes it easier if they do and funnier if they don't.

Lot of whispers in Italy, including via a major sports journalist over there (Pedulla), that United will offer £60m for Cavani soon. Their spending could hit £150m this summer if they got Cavani.

Getting heavily linked again with Enzo Perez as well, probably another £25m. They really are trying to buy everyone

Poznanpete said:
I keep seeing people mentioning the share price, it doesn't matter to the Glazers what happens to the share price in the slightest. It only matters if they want to sell more shares.

Shares in the club are divided into two groups, with Class A shares sold to the public and Class B shares retained by the Glazer family. Holders of class A shares would not be entitled to a regular dividend, and the structure of the share issue meant that the Glazers' class B shares had 10 times the voting power of class A shares, essentially denying a controlling interest in the club to anyone but the Glazers.

They have had their cake and they have also eaten it, forget the share price. It only represents less than two percent of the club.

regards

Its more a case of when they sell shares rather than if. They only own United to make money. They can do that by paying out dividends or selling some or all of their shares. So far they haven't shown much inclination to go down the dividend route. The share price is a useful barometer as to how much they might get from a share sale. Its only an indicator but better than nothing.

mat said:
Good to know Nike are consistent when it comes to shit kits.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-united-201415-shirt-unveiled-the-kit-louis-van-gaals-men-will-wear-next-season-9589261.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 89261.html</a>
[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Br77i_JCEAQ-IhY.png[/bigimg]

LOL depicting a pitch invasion.

When was the last time these passionless fuckers stormed a pitch?

We must have done it a dozen times since they last did.

Ok.... I will put my tuppence worth in, then stick my tin hat on as I am going against the majority on here.

Van Gaal is a good/great manager, but has never managed in the premier league,so he will need time.
Manchester United have so far ( I think) added 2 signings, Shaw and Herrera.
Ok, I do like the look of Shaw, and I believe he could develop into something big, but who knows, they said the same about Phil Jones.
Herrera I don't know enough about, but he probably wouldn't make the City first team, why not I hear you say.....because City would have bid and he would have came (such is the turnaround in fortunes of the 2 clubs).
Reality check time.....last year Man U were shit (compared to previous years), they have done nothing to sort out the centre of defence yet, and given that in reality they need 6-7 (being generous) players they have 2. Even if they sign another 5 or 6 world class players (including Cavani who disappointed in the World Cup), they will take a good while to settle in....
So relax and worry about Chelsea, as I reckon Fabregas could be a really good signing.......but don't lose too much sleep yet about the rags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.