United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over 10k posts about the rags, it makes us seem obsessed. Who cares about them anyway and who cares about who they consider to be their biggest rival. They are just a has been club!

But all posts by Blues related to the scumbags are in this thread, whereas on sad cafe, as I understand it, there are umpteen different threads about the only team from Manchester.

But they're not at all obsessed with us.

What's people's thoughts on their game tonight? Better if they lose or better if they have more games to play?

I overheard some people chatting in the canteen at work, one of them said there was a game on tonight, so I piped up, "Do you think Van Gaal will play the kids?"

They all fell silent, and one of them said, "Oh, we're talking about the Rugby!"

B'strds. Where did all these Rugby fans suddenly come from?

I overheard some people chatting in the canteen at work, one of them said there was a game on tonight, so I piped up, "Do you think Van Gaal will play the kids?"

They all fell silent, and one of them said, "Oh, we're talking about the Rugby!"

B'strds. Where did all these Rugby fans suddenly come from?

Wouldn't be surprised if they were united fans you were talkin to tbh.

Has no-one said we beat them 5.1 twenty six years ago today.
What a day !

Yes but they didn't really care did they? I mean that was 1989 and Liverpool was their big game.

Just like 1976 when we won at Wembley and they lost: "If you want to win at Wembley be a Blue." That was the 1970s so they really didn't care, Liverpool was their big game.

Or 1974 when Denis Law scored at the swamp to send them down (I know technically he didn't). They all rushed on to the pitch for a bit of a laugh. No malice intended obviously. It was the 1970s so they didn't really care. Liverpool was their big game ... or so some revisionists on here would have you believe.

Yes but they didn't really care did they? I mean that was 1989 and Liverpool was their big game.

Just like 1976 when we won at Wembley and they lost: "If you want to win at Wembley be a Blue." That was the 1970s so they really didn't care, Liverpool was their big game.

Or 1974 when Denis Law scored at the swamp to send them down (I know technically he didn't). They all rushed on to the pitch for a bit of a laugh. No malice intended obviously. It was the 1970s so they didn't really care. Liverpool was their big game ... or so some revisionists on here would have you believe.

Technically he did as the game was called off and the result stood as other games were still playing. That's how I see it anyway and I'l stick by it :)

Technically he did as the game was called off as other games were still playing. That'a how I see it anyway and I'l stick by it :)

I think Birmingham won so they would have gone down anyway? I'm sure one of our resident rags can clarify it for us.

I think Birmingham won so they would have gone down anyway? I'm sure one of our resident rags can clarify it for us.

Yes I know but united's fate was sealed after that back-heal regardless of the Birmingham result. Suppose it depends on how you look at it.

I think you'll find in the clubs official history book (£29.99 or "Deluxe" at £349.99 not including postage. Available from all Asian bookstores) this nugget of information will have been wiped from the chronology of TWGC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.