United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
People say United are hated because they are successful. Whilst there's surely an element of that involved, I don't think it goes far enough. I think United are hated (and we're talking universally here, by fans from all different types of football club, not just City) because of how they act. Success doesn't have to breed arrogance. It doesn't have to result in a sense of entitlement. You don't have to become condescending or self superior. You don't have to be a poor winner, and an even poorer loser. You don't have to use your financial, and footballing hierarchy, influence to ride roughshod over the rest of football. You don't have to attempt to create a monopoly within football whereby your own interests are served ahead of those of the game.

People don't hate United because they win things, they hate United because of how they achieve their success, and how they react to it.

Totally agree with this. United fans are the only one's arrogant enough to have the ABU(anyone but united) saying, calling anyone who doesn't want them to win an ABU.

This Dippers - Scum 'rivalry' is not the regional thing it used to be say before the Sky era as those match goers simply don't go anymore, especially when it comes to the Trafford lot.

These day's the rivalry is your office types that flood message boards(redcafe), you know the ones("I've yet to see a citeh fan in here on feckin Easter Island, but I've seen two chelskie tops blah blah!" ). They slag our attendances but have locations of La Rincaonda and fucking timbuktu. They even had a thread over there one time asking what national team they support and half said another country other than their own. That just shows the mentality of these glory hunting cunts.

Why do I hate United?

It's hard to nail down to a specific, but as an Irish fan it has it's roots in a feeling.

As a young kid, I was given a football and a hand me down rag shirt. You were either Liverpool or United in Ireland back then. There was no option C.(I put this down to Ronnie Whelan and Kevin Moran/Paul McGrath but know historically irish players played on both teams)

I was brought to see the rags versus bohemians on a Monday night(I think) as they won 3-0. I didn't enjoy it at all. Sterile. Cocky. Cold. Fans who barely watched the game.

On the Tues night, I was brought to see Shelbourne vs City. Kendall. Reid. Clive Allen. Niall Quinn.

And loads and loads of travelling Manchester fans who made the atmosphere great fun. I remember turning to my dad and saying "that's my team. I'm a City fan" and he laughed.

Who's laughing now?

And then you learn about "history". Something they like to bring up but don't quite know what that is.

City bailing them out after the bombing.

City bailing them out after Munich.

How they treated the families of their players who passed away.(I know 100% that one of the families gives their Old Trafford derby day tickets to City officials to this day).

How they poached Ryan Wilson for a washing machine.

How Cantona orchestrated a move from Leeds at the expense of his teammates marriage.

The bullying of officials, phantom penalties, strange favourable draws and many, many contentious refereeing decisions.

The blatant poaching of Dion Dublin, Dwight Yorke, Neil Webb, Cantona (as stated) and dozens, dozens more.

Then we move to closer "history".

The Munich game and the infamous reneging on the "no sponsorship" agreement.

AIG making sure they paid to have the only advertising on such a significant day.

Briefing the media all week about the chance that "little City" would cause trouble on such a somber day.

Small minded. Greedy.

Some of the many reasons I can never give them the time of day.

The dinosaur's like Beckham - can't keep out of the limelight. Expect another boring, arrogant, history re-writting book from the old fart annually. The media will cover it like it's won the the Samuel Johnson Prize for Non-Fiction.

Yep.

Next season he'll release another one saying Messi is one of the youth academy graduates and the hoards of gullible rags will pay £50 and believe it.

You haven't actually understood anything that I have written! I repeat, I am not arguing the toss about who is our true rivals, currently or historically. I'm disputing the absolutely ridiculous statement that Alex Ferguson created the rivalry with Liverpool. That is just a bizarre re-hashing of history to fit the agenda of 'certain' City fans who seem to have large gaps in their memories when it comes to the 70's 80's and 90's. I'm on here to say that I was there during that period, and we (I) hated Liverpool way before Ferguson arrived. A good decade before infact.

The end.

The end? Like, it's the last words of the argument? Like, you won't say anything else? If only you meant it.

Please fcuk off you tiresome cvnt!

Why do I hate United?

It's hard to nail down to a specific, but as an Irish fan it has it's roots in a feeling.

As a young kid, I was given a football and a hand me down rag shirt. You were either Liverpool or United in Ireland back then. There was no option C.(I put this down to Ronnie Whelan and Kevin Moran/Paul McGrath but know historically irish players played on both teams)

I was brought to see the rags versus bohemians on a Monday night(I think) as they won 3-0. I didn't enjoy it at all. Sterile. Cocky. Cold. Fans who barely watched the game.

On the Tues night, I was brought to see Shelbourne vs City. Kendall. Reid. Clive Allen. Niall Quinn.

And loads and loads of travelling Manchester fans who made the atmosphere great fun. I remember turning to my dad and saying "that's my team. I'm a City fan" and he laughed.

Who's laughing now?

And then you learn about "history". Something they like to bring up but don't quite know what that is.

City bailing them out after the bombing.

City bailing them out after Munich.

How they treated the families of their players who passed away.(I know 100% that one of the families gives their Old Trafford derby day tickets to City officials to this day).

How they poached Ryan Wilson for a washing machine.

How Cantona orchestrated a move from Leeds at the expense of his teammates marriage.

The bullying of officials, phantom penalties, strange favourable draws and many, many contentious refereeing decisions.

The blatant poaching of Dion Dublin, Dwight Yorke, Neil Webb, Cantona (as stated) and dozens, dozens more.

Then we move to closer "history".

The Munich game and the infamous reneging on the "no sponsorship" agreement.

AIG making sure they paid to have the only advertising on such a significant day.

Briefing the media all week about the chance that "little City" would cause trouble on such a somber day.

Small minded. Greedy.

Some of the many reasons I can never give them the time of day.
Another brilliant post.

What's people's thoughts on their game tonight? Better if they lose or better if they have more games to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.