United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
60,000 according to the Daily M #rror!
Some areas were packed, but further back and in the corners the stands were empty. Doubt there were 60k there, but it was still a good crowd given the ticket prices.

We'd have struggled to get more than 40k against Ipswich.

They always get a big travelling support at Old Trafford - far bigger than turn up at City.

Some areas were packed, but further back and in the corners the stands were empty. Doubt there were 60k there, but it was still a good crowd given the ticket prices.

They always get a big travelling support at Old Trafford - far bigger than turn up at City.
Nobody's disputing that Marvin....the point is that if you sing about empty seats to an opposing set of fans, then you better be damn sure your ground doesn't have any, especially when you claim to have 600 million supporters!

It was a 5er for kids last night, they haven't published the attendance in the sun newspaper either and no mention of the crowd

And we also know United add to that, so when GMP put the figureout it could be under 50k. Cant wait for the true figure

Unfortunately that will no longer happen. The GMP were greatly embarrassed when the original figures were released, following a Freedom of Information request from a rag fan group suspicious of the club's official attendance figures, as the GMP figures were never meant for public consumption. I put in a FOI request to the GMP for last season's games but was told that the information wasn't available. Seeing as they had all the detailed information just two seasons before I challenged this but was given the same reply. It looks like the club has 'had a word'.

Yep Personally it's the media that go on about our empty seats that annoy me from other fans I except it as it is! But empty gates spouting from the media who are on freebees at these grounds what pisses me of!

A bit surprised when I could not find their attendance in MEN, checked the Telegraph,
not given in there either.
Had a look on RedCafe and pissed myself.
They gave it out at 71000 over the PA and everyone inside fell about laughing as they
say there was no more than 60000 inside.
Of course, to quote them " It was he coldest night in Manchester for ages "
and City do it all the time.

Reminds you of Swales but the other way round

The Glazers have form for this in the US. They regularly buy tickets for Tampa matches so that they can declare a sellout. Once they've done this they can sell the match to local television. If it's not a sellout they can't. In the context of the rags it would be more to protect "the brand" than anything else.Swales as you say declared smaller than actual attendances again for logical reasons ...

Nobody's disputing that Marvin....the point is that if you sing about empty seats to an opposing set of fans, then you better be damn sure your ground doesn't have any, especially when you claim to have 600 million supporters!

When you are the self declared 'biggest club in the world' with 653 million 'fans' you would think that they would be queuing down Chester Road to get into the Theatre of Dreams. I wonder why Pravda haven't released the attendance figures?,they are usually busy adding to the myths and untruths about this rancid club, maybe there was an outbreak of sickness and they were short staffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.